PDA

View Full Version : Decided to go with waterless for my mobile business. Need your help.

fellipe
09-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Hello guys. I've decided to go with waterless wash for my mobile business. One of the reasons is because I won`t need to carry a bucket (My setup will be mounted on a motorcycle box) AND because I've tried it (ONR QD strength) and found it was easier and faster than ONR rinseless. I`ve already ordered UWW+ as it`s a much better waterless option.

My question is... What if I arrive at the customers location and their car is too dirty for waterless? What would you do? Would a Optimum Power Clean pre soak increase my threshold on the dirt `scale`? What do you think?

Just so I can know how dirty is too dirty, Here are a few pics. Would you mind tell me if UWW+ waterless can tackle them? (as I believe 99% of my customers car will be that dirty at max)

http://i.imgur.com/zgsShNw.png

http://i.imgur.com/JZM9oE7.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ja13pJH.png

I've been also thinking of getting a very small electric pressure washer for these rare cases. Maybe that could work also.

Another thing is that for waterless I'll need lots of MF towels... But.. How many exactly for a medium sedan (average car)?

Thank you very much!

Detailingdoc
09-14-2014, 09:57 AM
I personally wouldnt touch any of those cars with a waterless. The first one I would do a rinseless on. That just my opinion though

HD.Detailing
09-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Lol traditional wash only

Sent from my Alien ship

fellipe
09-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Are you guys talking from experience?

DaveT435
09-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Lol traditional wash only

Sent from my Alien ship

:iagree:

TurboToys
09-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Are you guys talking from experience?

it's more like the general consensus when it comes to when to use waterless, rinseless and traditional.

although it would be nice to just go waterless on everything, shouldn't you be assessing each vehicle on a case by case basis, not just rolling up with a limited amount of supplies?

the first one you could get away with a rinseless if you had plenty of towels to swap out.

second one you would have to at least do a spray down and soak before going for anything.

and the third one definitely needs to get sprayed down and then checked to see whether or not you'll need more time on it to get it ready for a waterless or rinseless.

if it has caked on dirt you are almost assuredly going to have to go with a regular wash just to make sure you have enough water to carry away the dirt without it grinding into the paint. waterless is something meant for dusty/road grime type cars, not caked on stuff that can't be blasted away quickly with a hose.

fellipe
09-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Would a pump sprayer presoak help? (Plain water or even OPC)

Rsurfer
09-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Would a pump sprayer presoak help? (Plain water or even OPC)

It would help, but you may still mar the paint with that much dirt.

allenk4
09-14-2014, 02:47 PM
In my opinion, none of those cars should be rinseless or waterless washed

You will damage the paint and it will require polishing

Are you going to be riding a motorcycle to your customers? I am not sure what you mean by a "motorcycle box"

RTexasF
09-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Look.....you must realize that there WILL be times when a standard wash is required so be prepared to do so. Picture 2 & 3 above would cost you more to do with a waterless wash, take longer, and still not look as good as a two bucket wash. You will also have two or three times more towels to wash which also costs money. I've been using waterless washes for ten years and they do have their place but not 100% of the time.

SYMAWD
09-14-2014, 02:56 PM
The Camaro you might be able to get away with rinseless if you pre-soak it so much that the car is dripping, but personally I'd still do a traditional wash on it.

TurboToys
09-14-2014, 04:27 PM
if you are looking for less water consumption and speed. then you may need to consider a generator/pressure washer, with foam gun. use the customers water hookup, or make sure you are near a water hookup. you can then do a touchless wash, high pressure rinse, followed by high pressure foam soak. rinse again. and then do your dry as a waterless wash step instead, soak each panel with ww solution and dry.

it's either that or two bucket, which being mobile you could just bring your water with you in buckets and use a couple of 2-3 gallon backpack sprayers with distilled water for the rinse.

Kengo123
09-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Maybe bring a pocket hose and hook up to customers water for pre rinse just in case?

I planned on doing rinseless primarily for our biz, but we just use the customers water and traditional wash 99% of the time.

thebamboo23
09-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Are you primarily looking to work in parking lots or it doesn't matter?

Cause you can always just go to the customers house and you their hose/water

fellipe
09-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Yes... I plan to pack a small power washer.