PDA

View Full Version : My MF gets dirty when I wipe down door jams

Tonya
08-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Hello Guys,
Do you wash down the door jams? After I use a MF for drying, I open all doors an trunk to get any excess water. My MF is stained a spotty black after that. How do you guys wash the door jam area? I never really see any dirt, but it's obviously there.
Feed back please

D
08-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I just use a QD and some cheap MF from Advance Auto. You can also spray some ARO in there, then lightly rinse with the hose, and dry with a cheap MF.

Tonya
08-09-2007, 07:21 PM
OK, I just thought I would use the same MF towel going forward. I don't think the satin is going to wash out. My OCD is showing. My husband made fun of me when I showed him how dirty my MF got. He thinks I am a clean freak.
Good suggestion on the QD!

sparkie
08-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I just use a QD and some cheap MF from Advance Auto. You can also spray some ARO in there, then lightly rinse with the hose, and dry with a cheap MF.
:iagree:

Gary Sword
08-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I also use a QD and cheaper MF's on door jams. I also detail my door jams so they're never to dirty.

pt91
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
i use a stearmer and apc on really nasty jams.
once you get them clean you can keep them that way with a little qd after every wash.
i also open my doors during every wash and use my mitt to carefully clean the jams and the bttm of the doors. just be careful with the rinse.

Tonya
08-09-2007, 08:00 PM
use my mitt to carefully clean the jams and the bttm of the doors. just be careful with the rinse.
Yep... that is the area where my MF gets stained. I can't really see the dirt, but I know that is where it's coming from. Thanks!

Jimmie
08-09-2007, 08:01 PM

I've tried 'em all once but no favorites. Used DP 4 in 1; PB S & W; degreaser (Still pretty good if you've got a lot of grease near the hinges, just relube afterwards); QD; DP Spray Sealant (nice if already clean); car wash (yep from wash bucket).
Now I haven't used ARO, but I can see that becoming a go-to favorite.
I use an old paint brush that I've got for the initial cleaning if the jambs are real dirty. Then MF wipe.

P1et
08-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a cheap Vroom MF for doing the door jams. Just spray some QD down there and you're good to go!

ScottB
08-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I coated them with Klasse AIO when each first came home. Now a damp towel with a little qd'er+ is all thats needed. The glow and towels dont get all that dirty.

Sevenrd
08-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I have a cheap Vroom MF for doing the door jams. Just spray some QD down there and you're good to go!

Exactly my process.

tonyspop
08-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Every vehicle wash jambs get washed.One coat klasse AIO one coat wgps one coat collinite 476.Alot of work but shines like hell and really easy to clean.Hinges get spray lubed every 3 months.I put a pc of cardboard behind the hinge to avoid overspray.Jambs get wax treatment once a year.Takes about 12 hrs in 2 days.Fingers are really sore afterwards getting into all the hard to reach areas.:(