PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Help

wentw1tj
09-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Hello to all,

I am new to the Site, and need some help with Chemical Guys Products. Please watch the YouTube link all my questions are in there. Thanks and have a great night.

Chemical Guys - YouTube (http://youtu.be/GkBDaMcVwg0)

FUNX650
09-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Because I haven't bothered using any Chemical Guys (CG)
car-care products for a long, long time: I'll disqualify myself from attempting any CG-help/commentary.

But that doesn't mean I can't drop by and say:

:welcome: ...to AGO!

Bob

Quiksilver5882
09-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Welcome to AGO! The FLEX 3401 VRG is amazing!!!! I can't remember the last time I picked up my PC since getting the Flex.

I highly recommend the Menzerna line of compounds and polishes. It sounds like you did a bulk of the correction work and you just want to finish it out. I recommend Menzerna SF4500 on a blue Buff and Shine pad. I've never touched Jet Seal but I've heard the durability isn't as good as Menzerna Power Lock.

NikonGuy
09-13-2014, 09:13 PM
I have never used CG besides their soap and I know they aren't discussed here much. Not saying it's bad but from what I can tell not very popular

expdetailing
09-13-2014, 09:22 PM
I didn't watch the video yet, but I can tell you that I compared cg jetseal next to blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection, and they both looked the same to me (my vehicle is silver). However, the blackfire was slightly more "slick" when running a finger accross it. Also, the blackfire was easier to wipe away. The jetseal wipped away easily enough though. The blackfire smells nicer, IMO. Jetseal just smells like chemical.

David Hayward
09-13-2014, 09:29 PM
I have trouble focusing on things for too long of time so I skimmed the video as much as I could. I see you ask opinions on the CG products. First the v07 we all agree I think it looks great works well but kills beading. If you never drive in rain won't be an issue.

As for the polishes it doesn't matter what we all think really. If you used them and you see improvement and got the desired results then stick with it. Was it Mikes line or someone else but here is a sloppy paraphrase "find what you like and stick with it" if any polish or compound worked just how you hoped then it is a good choice for you and stick with it. I personally started off my higher end work using only CG products. I liked v38 but have replaced it with menzerna sf4000 and v34 and v36 were not something I liked. V32 is a strange beast because it's super gritty and I hold onto it for some hand polishing work.

Blacklight I used stand alone a few times and was not impressed. I do however love jet seal. I feel like it alone enhances colors and looks great. On a Dd I use it alone and on high end work I typically use jet seal topped with Pinnacle souveran paste wax.

So I like some CG products but got tired of the hype and marketing they use and I have a few things I like and use and will continue to use from them.

I'm also bad at typing and staying on track so sorry if I run on and type random junk.

Moldavite
09-13-2014, 09:42 PM
i have use cg citrus wash and gloss/ mr pink/allclean+/ silk shine
decent enough to get the job done , nice smell to work with

wentw1tj
09-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Thanks so much to all that have commented. I would like to stick with Zaino for maintaining paint work, but I'm told it is not a sealant? I also will look into the products that you guys told me about. I only have about two weeks left with the car than it gets put up for the winner. But my garage is heated and air condition so that is when I like to do a lot of my paint correction. I also have painted wheels so I like to keep the wheels spotless just like the paint including the barrels I've been using Jetseal and have had very good luck with the wheels staying clean between washes. Some people say I am too fussy but if I know it's there it's going to bug me.

Again Thanks to all.