PDA

View Full Version : Problem with credit card company, what would you do?

Pages : [1] 2

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Alright, so my Best Buy credit card...

Been with these guys for a LONG time, never had a problem. Back in June I paid off a balance of around $400 (I always take advantage of the no interest financing and just pay the balance off at the end of the term). Problem was it cleared my bank 2 days late.

I thought nothing of it since I paid the balance in full, but 2 months later I got a bill for 2 late fees with interest tacked on. I never got the bill with the first late fee or I would have taken care of it then.

So I call them up and explain the situation. Their best answer was they could waive one of the late fees. I told them how long I had been a customer with them, that had a credit score higher than 800 and that I have NEVER had a billing issue with them before.

After speaking to representatives, supervisors and various departments they were not willing to budge on their position. So I told them to close my account and send it to collections because there was no way in hell I was paying these fees. I got another bill yesterday with one fee reversed and another new late fee.

So they aren't paying attention to anything I've said. I'm thinking I'm going to send them a certified letter cc'ed to the CEO of Best Buy. I always pay my stuff on time and have never had a problem like this, what would you guys do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HD.Detailing
09-13-2014, 06:36 PM
stop using credit cards

BTW, the late fees and interest will keep adding up, just FYI

PA DETAILER
09-13-2014, 06:40 PM
I am currently in a debt neg. program (thank god). And best buy was so dense it was unreal. Even after telling them it's being taken care of, here is who you have to call, they would still call (automated) 5-7 times a day! They finally got thru their little brain after several calls i made to my debt neg. co. WOW! I would never deal with them again.

dsg03gt
09-13-2014, 06:40 PM
I would just pay it and close the account. Unless its a ton of money it's not worth the credit issues.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

K.S. Detailing
09-13-2014, 06:54 PM
^^ pay it and close the acct. Like he said the credit issues will be far worse than a late fee.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AG Online

FUNX650
09-13-2014, 07:11 PM
•For whatever reason(s)...
-Your original June 1st pay-off payment was late in clearing at your Banking institution.
-Therein lies the root of this problem, IMO.

•You've been in contact with Best Buy;
-Have you contacted your Bank?

•You really don't want this turned over to collections.
-It's always worse dealing with a collections agency.

•BTW:
-Be sure to keep checking your credit rating
for the next few months: It may dip below 800.

Bob

VISITOR
09-13-2014, 07:17 PM
I would just pay it and close the account. Unless its a ton of money it's not worth the credit issues.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

:iagree:

btw, i never cared for best (worst) buy. their customer service is terrible and most of the employees in the store are worthless. they would rather stand around and talk to each other than offer help. no thank you, i'll take my $'s somewhere else...

Annahra
09-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Have you posted on their Facebook page? Companies hate negative publicity on social media.

RTexasF
09-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Your credit score/rating will take a nose dive from this. Get it squared away NOW, whatever it takes.

SYMAWD
09-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Your credit score/rating will take a nose dive from this. Get it squared away NOW, whatever it takes.

+1 Do NOT mess up your credit.

David Hayward
09-13-2014, 09:37 PM

+2 how much is it you owe? Blowing your credit score is easy. Building it back up is near impossible. I have just at 800 myself and I'm proud of that. I had a mid 700 score when I was in my 20's by being smart and if I need a loan or anything or have scores ran for work I've never had concerns. I have no debt other then my home and car and a few student loans. Don't let something small and insignificant ruin your score because of some type of pride thing on paying it. Even if you fight it and it goes away, by the time it's fixed it will have already hurt you.

Docpeanut
09-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Your credit has already taken a hit if you've got 2 late fees, that means 30-60 past due, it sucks but there's not much you can do. If it were me I'd pay the balance and dispute the record with the 3 main credit bureaus

Mizzoutiger
09-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Pay it ASAP and work with them to remove or not report late to credit reporting agencies.

dcjredline
09-13-2014, 10:54 PM
I am in the VAST minority here who could care LESS ABOUT MY CREDIT score so I probably shouldnt comment. I live debt free and will never (after paying my house off) have ANY form of credit again.

I am sorry that these companies treat people like this and that is one of the big reasons I do not play with debt or especially credit cards.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
09-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Have you gotten to management when you call them Eric? Like others, I would worry about this being reported.