PDA

View Full Version : Shipping costs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

higgledy
09-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Why are autogeekonline's shipping fees so high? They charge nearly ⅓ the price of goods to ship.

Guessless
09-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Since you've become a forum member you can use a code and get free shipping for purchases over $95.

Guessless
09-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Go to discount and specials section, it's in the third thread.

wdmaccord
09-13-2014, 08:34 AM
You can buy from PBMG on Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime, that might be something to try? Otherwise, wait until you need a couple hundred dollars worth of items and buy here during a sale so you'll get a % off plus free shipping (usually over $150 during sales).

tpr1634
09-13-2014, 08:35 AM
Why are autogeekonline's shipping fees so high? They charge nearly ⅓ the price of goods to ship.

I feel your pain, I really would prefer to buy all my stuff here but I cant swing $150 to get free shipping. So I must procure from other sources.

NikonGuy
09-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Love Amazon Prime. They carry most of the car care stuff

solman
09-13-2014, 09:18 AM

:iagree:
Many times I start to put in an order for a few items but then the shipping charges post. Paying $17-$20 to ship $50 worth of stuff doesn't make sense. I sometimes use amazon or another source. Amazon gets you the free shipping but the price can be higher. Still cheaper than adding the shipping charges to an AGO small order. Often I wait until I need enough products for a bigger order and get the free shipping. Otherwise I do without it.

wytstang
09-13-2014, 09:24 AM
I'll leave this right here Price Match Promise (http://www.autogeek.net/price-match-policy.html)

PiPUK
09-13-2014, 10:06 AM
I don't know what it is like in the US, but in the UK this same question arises often. The issue of hazard class of the goods is a major point. The simple truth is that shipping of hazardous goods is expensive. Re-emphasising in the UK, free shipping or very cheap shipping is almost always accompanied by the sending organisation failing in their obligations and sending out hazardous goods through unsuitable services. Ebay sellers do this all the time - highly flammable liquids, like IPA, being sent by mail services where the staff handling the goods would have zero idea how to deal with a spillage or problem (and heaven forbid that there should be an issue on a plane!).

I suspect that AG is sending your goods in accordance with all the necessary regulations, and thus the costs are high. Amazon may be sending so much that they can negate that but they may also not be dealing in all the goods you want (such as hazardous ones).

Kamakaz1961
09-13-2014, 10:11 AM
I feel your pain, I really would prefer to buy all my stuff here but I cant swing $150 to get free shipping. So I must procure from other sources.

:iagree: +1 Their shipping costs are usually the deal breaker for me. The only time I order from them is when there is a sale or I buy a large order. Additionally, I live in So. Cal and it takes about 7-8 days to get the product from them. I buy from the competition and they are located in Florida and I get the product in about 3-4 days and shipping costs are less than 1/2 the price.

However, that being said I still buy from AGO. They still rock

parttimer
09-13-2014, 10:27 AM
I make the majority of purchases here, only during sales and only with free shipping. Their shipping is killer on any small orders. I am not sure about other people but i do most my shopping at night. I find what I want and order it. I don't really want to shop a bunch sites, wait until a place open, call, price links other places everything. Add to cart, check out.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Nick McKees37
09-13-2014, 10:29 AM
The Autogeek veterans already know this...but for all you newbies...:)

We always have promotional codes available (Google is your friend ;)), signing up for the forum automatically gives you a 15% off discount code along with a code for free shipping, plus we have our price and promotion match (http://www.autogeek.net/price-match-policy.html).

If you ever have any questions about our price and promotion mach promise, give us a call. 1-800-869-3011

Oh, and we also have a newsletter (http://www.autogeek.net/nesiup.html) where we send out information about sales, news and events, etc.. :)

tpr1634
09-13-2014, 11:01 AM
The Autogeek veterans already know this...but for all you newbies...:)

We always have promotional codes available (Google is your friend ;)), signing up for the forum automatically gives you a 15% off discount code along with a code for free shipping, plus we have our price and promotion match (http://www.autogeek.net/price-match-policy.html).

If you ever have any questions about our price and promotion mach promise, give us a call. 1-800-869-3011

Oh, and we also have a newsletter (http://www.autogeek.net/nesiup.html) where we send out information about sales, news and events, etc.. :)

So for example I just purchased a nano skin wash mitt and sponge cheaper and I got free ship from amazon you will match that offer. Thanks Nick.......

Nick McKees37
09-13-2014, 11:07 AM
So for example I just purchased a nano skin wash mitt and sponge cheaper and I got free ship from amazon you will match that offer. Thanks Nick.......

Amazon is usually excluded...but I will tell you that it never hurts to ask. You can reach me directly at 1-800-869-3011 ext 215 :dblthumb2:

tpr1634
09-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Amazon is usually excluded...but I will tell you that it never hurts to ask. You can reach me directly at 1-800-869-3011 ext 215 :dblthumb2:

Roger that I will call you next time I need a smaller order that does not exceed $150 Thanks Tim.....:buffing: