PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu all over again

Pages : [1] 2

cardaddy
09-12-2014, 07:10 AM
So it doesn't seem like that long ago that I was putting up photos of a darned scary Copperhead!

And here we go again. This one was over 30"!

CarMomma opened the garage this morning and this little bugger was riding the inside of the garage door up up and away. Then it ended up falling off, bouncing off the cover on the front of my Cadillac and landing in front of it on the garage floor.

Thankfully she caught it out of the corner of her eye. Had she not.... when my son left for work he would have walked between the Caddy & garage door.... likely stepping DIRECTLY ON IT!

Yep, we're changing our address to "Copperhead Road"! :(

RottenII
09-12-2014, 07:33 AM
My wife would NEVER go in the garage again.(on second thought...can I borrow that snake? :)

BillE
09-12-2014, 07:33 AM
I'm getting the willies just reading this encounter.

Time to change out the skivvies...

Bill

Klasse Act
09-12-2014, 08:02 AM
"Copperhead Road", this reminded me of the Top Gear episode where Jeremy was trying to get the rear tires replaced on the SLS AMG and the mayor of the town was there singing and dancing to that song, very funny!

RevitalizeAutoSpa
09-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Yeah, Georgia is great for snakes. A machete is part of my standard load when going to the field...

Coopers ST
09-12-2014, 01:18 PM
My wife would NEVER go in the garage again.(on second thought...can I borrow that snake? :)

I wouldn't go in the garage again either.

BrandonS
09-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Is there any way to keep these things off your property? If we had them up here in Michigan I know I would have been bit by now. Scary stuff!

af90
09-12-2014, 02:12 PM
I can join in on the fun, last month found four black widows outside the front door. Walked out, it was at night, to kill the only one I had seen, looked around realized I had walked further and looked down, saw one about 2" from my leg.

Thankfully only seen them on the property once since then, got the place sprayed last week or so.

cardaddy
09-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Well.... it was an interesting way to start the day for sure! :rolleyes:

Tried to UL photos with BOTH apps and they didn't go. Never have been able to get the Autogeek app to work, it'll go through all the hoopla like it's uploading then it'll give the message "You do not have permission to upload to this forum". Tapatalk usually works (with puny thumbnails) but it didn't work either yesterday morning.

So.... here are a couple. :)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1725/medium/20140912_071528_1024x576_.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1725/medium/20140912_071544_1024x576_.jpg

CarMomma said to tell y'all that SHE will still go in the garage, but vewey vewey cafuweey. :laughing: (Only because she knows THAT one is dead.) Because I assure you.... when she came and got me out of bed, had we gone back out there and NOT found that snake she would be parking in the driveway and walking out the front door around the house every morning. :rolleyes:

Keeping them off your property? I know they make a granular product that's supposed to help. Also I always heard you can sprinkle ground up moth balls and that'll deter them.

Now for the funny and/or weird story, depends on how you wanna' look at it. :dunno:

After a friendly separation of the snakes head from it's body, placing it in the yard I got to thinking. Thought it would be cool idea to use the skin and have my gunleather guy make me another holster, or perhaps a belt. Sounds good..... right?

They are not hard AT ALL to skin, pretty easy in fact. (Even though I don't hunt, just don't, but the skin would be cool to have.) So I went in the house, rounded up a fillet knife, a new razor blade, a board to stretch the skin on, my cable stapler (so I can remove the staples easier), grabbed a new container of salt (to rub on it to dry in the sun for a couple days) and went back outside all prepared to get gory.

Lo and behold.... IT * WAS * GONE! :rolleyes: Well DARN!

We have a pair of Red Shouldered hawks, BIG ONES that live down the hill by the creek (we have 2 acres, 765' of creek frontage). Along with both Barred and Barn Owls. But it's the hawks that are most visible, and you'll find them just lolly gagging around. Keeps us free of all sorts of 4 legged creatures I can tell ya' that. BUT good Lord... they stole my friggin snake! :laughing:
Left me with the head if that counts. :eek:

BrandonS
09-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the pics. Now I look at my garage door when it opens. That is freaky stuff. When I was a kid I was never afraid of snakes and now I cant stand them. Thankfully up here in Michigan it is extremely rare to have a poisonous snake. I have never seen one and spend a lot of time outside. I would be trying out that granular stuff. When I first started detailing as a kid I had a customer bring me a car that had a snake in the engine compartment. Today I would sat no thank you!

VISITOR
09-13-2014, 07:25 PM
http://findicons.com/files/icons/1039/manto/128/scared.png

davidc
09-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Thought it would be cool idea to use the skin and have my gunleather guy make me another holster, or perhaps a belt. Sounds good..... right?
Left me with the head if that counts. :eek:

Hope you have a derringer or a very slim waist :laughing:

Dave

David Hayward
09-13-2014, 09:47 PM
I have no issues with snakes but I'm super freaked out by poisonous anything. I love my quiet low risk Northeast Ohio for bugs and snakes.

EVOlved
09-13-2014, 11:52 PM
I'll take my opossum friends that come and visit me every other night while I'm out smoking you can keep the copperheads.

dsg03gt
09-13-2014, 11:54 PM
I'll take my opossum friends that come and visit me every other night while I'm out smoking you can keep the copperheads.

Yeah I'll take the black bear here over the copperheads as well.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk