PDA

View Full Version : Metro side kick

STPETEDALE
09-12-2014, 06:43 AM
Does anyone use the side kick instead of a compressor to blow out interiors? Would it be comparable to a 150psi compressor? I have a short bed tacoma and space is tight. My goal would be to eliminate the compressor and hose reel from my future set up.Is there another product that might work better?

Mike Phillips
09-12-2014, 07:15 AM
The Sidekick will work pretty good for anything that's loose and easily blown. The Sidekick is actually one of my favorite tools.

For blowing out interiors instead of vacuuming I like the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun. In fact, I use this more to remove debris out of a car than a vacuum. I use it first and whatever is not blown out gets vacuumed.

Tornador Air Blow Out Gun - A Favorite Cool Tool (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/77037-tornador-air-blow-out-gun-favorite-cool-tool.html)
(Lots of pictures)

A traditional "Air Squirter" that is used with an air compressor doesn't even compare to the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun.

Just wish it had a shorter name....

:D

allenk4
09-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you are mobile...right?

STPETEDALE
09-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Yes, I'm mobile now. I would love to use the blow gun but space is tight even for a small compressor. I was hoping to use a sidekick to free up some space.I have a master blaster now and happy with it. This is a second vehicle I'm putting together for smaller jobs.It will have a bed slide, small electric pressure washer, hose reel and generator. I would like to keep the tonneau cover I have now over a nice commercial topper.I guess it's only $80 and worth a shot.