PDA

View Full Version : Mystery product for scratch /chip repairs?

heckhole
09-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I do corrections for a local pre-owned dealer and have seen deep paint scratch repairs after the fact and they are EXCELLENT repairs.

There was a black Honda Pilot with excessive rock chipping/sand blasting behind the wheels. The dealer asked if I could do anything with it and I said yeah, ruin it more so you have no choice but to repaint. I said no way someone can repair that without paint.

He found a guy who claimed he could repair that along with any other car on the lot, in one trip.

I didn't get to see what took place but wow, amazed at the repairs.

The lot owner claims the guy had a putty-like substance that he rubbed to the area, let it set for a few, wiped & then polished with a rotary polisher for a very short period of time.

The repairs are excellent. The paint match is nearly perfect even on heavy metallic paint.

What could this possibly be? What is the durability of this product?

conman1395
09-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Get that guys number, call him up, and then ask.

heckhole
09-11-2014, 11:51 AM
LOL and he will say F-u don't steal my business. Excellent idea my friend.

SYMAWD
09-11-2014, 11:52 AM
I have no idea, but with the guys that come to the lot at the dealer I work at, we basically have a mini body shop and restoration shop on our lot. It's amazing what the guys could do.

SYMAWD
09-11-2014, 11:53 AM
LOL and he will say F-u don't steal my business. Excellent idea my friend.

Call up and pretend to be a customer.

NikonGuy
09-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Probably depends on color. Some easier to match than others

Setec Astronomy
09-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Sounds like Dr. ColorChip: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/83526-how-use-dr-colorchip-paint-chip-repair-systems.html

RevitalizeAutoSpa
09-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Dr. Colorchip is great stuff.

heckhole
09-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Kind think it was the appliedcolors kit.

FocusSTguy
09-11-2014, 09:26 PM
I was surfing youTube and came across http://car-scratch-remover.com/ guys name is Karl Eberhardt. He gets some pretty good results with very basic tools. Anyone tried it?