PDA

View Full Version : wolfgang four

gregory1420
09-10-2014, 07:13 PM
I got the wg four to clean up the black paint on my 06 superduty. my question is do I need to do anything before I put the paint sealant on or in between that and the TSR or the uber compound? or can I just apply and wipe off and move to the next step?

I was trying to do some research on if I need to wipe down with IPA or Eraser but couldn't find anything..

The Guz
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
If you are staying within the same family I would just apply the sealant over the polish.

gregory1420
09-10-2014, 07:40 PM
yes all of the products are wg

tpr1634
09-10-2014, 07:52 PM
If it were me I would wash, clay, either compound or tsr depending on need and then the finishing polish aka glaze. Then top with sealant. :buffing:

cleanmycorolla
09-10-2014, 09:57 PM
there's no need for all four of them, in fact Uber finishes so well it may be all you need

mcate
09-11-2014, 08:45 AM
I think the main question here was about the need to do an IPA or Eraser wipe down before applying the sealant. I think there are some polishes that don't claim to leave any oils behind. Not sure if WG does or not, but if you've got Eraser or IPA I'd just go ahead & do the wipedown to be safe.

Nick McKees37
09-11-2014, 08:50 AM
There is no "need" to use IPA before applying the sealant.

Perform the necessary polishing steps and then apply the paint sealant.

:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
09-11-2014, 08:51 AM
I got the wg four to clean up the black paint on my 06 superduty.

my question is do I need to do anything before I put the paint sealant on or in between that and the TSR or the uber compound? or can I just apply and wipe off and move to the next step?

You can simply apply and remove each product all the way up to and past the sealant.

You don't have to chemically strip the oils off the paint to get the sealant to stick to the paint.

I know I would never do it with this system.

I was trying to do some research on if I need to wipe down with IPA or Eraser but couldn't find anything..

So much confusion over the topic of bonding... check out this article...

Miscible and Immiscible - Wax and Paint Sealant Bonding (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31186-miscible-immiscible-wax-paint-sealant-bonding.html)

:xyxthumbs:

gregory1420
09-11-2014, 07:22 PM
There is no "need" to use IPA before applying the sealant.

Perform the necessary polishing steps and then apply the paint sealant.

:dblthumb2:

thanks..

gregory1420
09-11-2014, 07:23 PM
So much confusion over the topic of bonding... check out this article...

Miscible and Immiscible - Wax and Paint Sealant Bonding (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31186-miscible-immiscible-wax-paint-sealant-bonding.html)

thanks for the link mike.......