PDA

View Full Version : Interior Odors and the use of Ozone

dashmatrix
09-09-2014, 03:44 PM
I've seen some pretty hefty claims floating around about what Ozone can do to car interior odors. Has anyone tried one of the commercial vehicle ozone generators and had any long term success ? I've played with smaller ozone generators and whole house ozone generator that produce constant low doses of ozone that seem to work, but it could be masking the odor with ozone smell. Does a periodic high dose Ozone shock get rid of smells in the interior ?

AutoAppeal
09-16-2016, 07:29 PM
Bump

WaxMaster1
09-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Ozone generators rock. I've fixed some stinky vehicles with them.

Mad Wax
09-16-2016, 11:36 PM
I use it and get very good results.

van185
09-18-2016, 10:17 AM
I have used an Ozone Generator for the past several years. I have found that with a really good cleaning followed by the Ozone Generator that it works better than just a really good cleaning alone. They are nor a cure all for not cleaning the vehicle but in combination they really do work. I cleaned a Jeep last week that had molded due to rain and the interior had an odor that was really hard to remove. After a good cleaning and the use of Ozone the odor is completely removed. I have had success with mine and would recommend them to other detailers. It's a great tool but will not work miracles.

215Detailing
09-25-2016, 09:18 AM
https://www.arb.ca.gov/research/indoor/ozone.htm

215Detailing
09-25-2016, 09:40 AM
OZONE GENERATOR FOR VEHICLES: Car Kit Ozone Generator - Odor Eliminator - UnoClean (http://www.unoclean.com/RainbowAir-5600-II-AUTO-Ozone-Generator.aspx?gclid=COHY_7zfqs8CFcQehgodNB8Kyg)

oldmodman
09-25-2016, 10:54 PM
I have a cheapo Ozone generator and it does a very good job of removing the absolute most disgusting odor possible.

High and low baby leakage. Even after shampooing, extracting, cleaning the vents with expanding foam, and putting a fan inside the vehicle for several days it still stank like poo, barf, rotting milk and food. With a 125 pound wet dog thrown in for a little added perfume.

Four hours with the ozone generator running on high. Then another overnight with the windows down and fans inside. Then ANOTHER four hours with the ozone generator and still more blowing fresh air with the fans and the smells were finally undetectable.
And unlike using just soaps and cleaners the stink didn't come back.

dashmatrix
11-01-2016, 08:56 PM
I have a cheapo Ozone generator and it does a very good job of removing the absolute most disgusting odor possible.

High and low baby leakage. Even after shampooing, extracting, cleaning the vents with expanding foam, and putting a fan inside the vehicle for several days it still stank like poo, barf, rotting milk and food. With a 125 pound wet dog thrown in for a little added perfume.

Four hours with the ozone generator running on high. Then another overnight with the windows down and fans inside. Then ANOTHER four hours with the ozone generator and still more blowing fresh air with the fans and the smells were finally undetectable.
And unlike using just soaps and cleaners the stink didn't come back.

Now THAT is an endorsement.
Thanks everyone for all the feedback.

SANTA3013
11-01-2016, 09:21 PM
You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars for a decent ozone generator. I bought one on eBay for around $100 and it does the job. There are a lot of YouTube videos on how to effectively use one. Good luck.