PDA

View Full Version : Wax or Sealant pad help! Thanks! BTW I searched and no luck

JohniBoi
09-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day today! I spent a good amount of time trying to find my answer to my question but I can not find it. I read a thread while back stating that Mike Phillips recommends using a 3 inch foam sealant/wax pad for applying wax or sealant vs 5 inch or 6inch pad. Im thinking of getting the GG 3 inch red foam pad to machine apply sealants or waxes (of course not cross contaminating pad as one set per sealant or wax). My question is if I'm using a 3 inch pad would it leave a more uniform layer of protection than the 4,5, or 6 inch pad. I have the GG 3 inch polisher second generation and i just wanted to know. Also, I will be applying liquid and solid waxes/sealants! Thank you for your help!

Kamakaz1961
09-08-2014, 04:18 PM
IMO using a DA any size 3, 4, 5, or 6.5" applying wax or sealant is more uniform than by hand. I apply wax or sealant with a foam applicator to the places a DA can't get to like under the door or small crevices.

I use a Flex 3401 VRG, PC7424 XP and the GG 3". All work great at varying size pads too.

If you want to stick with the 3" pads, I would (or in my case) get the Lake Country Hydro-Tech 3" Crimson (Red) pads. They are IMO better than the GG 3" Red pads. They are thicker and sturdier and are just as soft. I have both and the Crimson is what I like.

You can put sealant or wax with that pad. Again, IMO better than by hand