PDA

View Full Version : FJ Cruiser interior

wrb_subie
09-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I have never done an interior on an FJ before. Any suggestions for the floor other than APC? I dont want to make it greasy, just clean..Didn't know if there's anything out there specific for it. Thanks

KillaCam
09-08-2014, 03:29 PM
I don't have much advise on the floors but aren't those interiors waterproof? Just grab the pressure washer and go to town!

Kidding

wrb_subie
09-08-2014, 03:57 PM
not sure..he told me his biggest concerns were the seats. I have never been in one so I have no idea..

dcjredline
09-08-2014, 04:02 PM
I've done 3 and the seats are a tight weave material...but not water proof. Any type of dust in them seems to be locked in really tight. I would suggest some Folex and scrub then just some water in the extraction phase. Worked for me. As for the floors I've just used APC and it turned out great....you will need to vacuum first and I recommend the brush attachment.

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

wrb_subie
09-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I've done 3 and the seats are a tight weave material...but not water proof. Any type of dust in them seems to be locked in really tight. I would suggest some Folex and scrub then just some water in the extraction phase. Worked for me. As for the floors I've just used APC and it turned out great....you will need to vacuum first and I recommend the brush attachment.

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

thanks a lot..folex and extraction I can do...I knocked a few bucks off the interior price cause of the no carpet was hoping it would not backfire on me

Ryan509
09-08-2014, 04:47 PM
this depends. I cleaned an FJ that took me a day, and it still wasn't done. There was mould growing in the cup holders. had to remove the whole center console to clean it. They had so much dirt and #### on the floor. Now with that being said. they are easy to clean i find... polishing on the other hand not so much

wrb_subie
09-08-2014, 06:07 PM
this depends. I cleaned an FJ that took me a day, and it still wasn't done. There was mould growing in the cup holders. had to remove the whole center console to clean it. They had so much dirt and #### on the floor. Now with that being said. they are easy to clean i find... polishing on the other hand not so much

why do you say hard to polish?

Ryan509
09-08-2014, 06:10 PM
why do you say hard to polish?

Paint wasn't a hard paint. But there were alot of awkward angles i found. Along with trying to get under the roof rack

wrb_subie
09-08-2014, 06:19 PM
i guess ill see how it goes...

Pureshine
09-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I've done lots of them just steam the floor. The seats I just use folex and steam no need to extract unless there really bad.

wrb_subie
09-08-2014, 06:37 PM
I've done lots of them just steam the floor. The seats I just use folex and steam no need to extract unless there really bad.

thanks for the tips.. Evidently this customer has a few garage queens and he stated that a good job on the fj will enable me to get my hands on a few more of his cars.

jaimz11
09-08-2014, 08:28 PM
I don't have much advise on the floors but aren't those interiors waterproof? Just grab the pressure washer and go to town!

Kidding

I just sold my FJ Cruiser recently and I remember when I first looked at them years ago, the salesman at the dealership actually told me, "you can just hose out the interior. It's all waterproof." Unfortunately, from what I've heard, he's not the only one to spread that misinformation.

I used a diluted APC or some Tuff Stuff for the foaming action on the floors. Tuff Stuff left a film worse than most APCs do so I followed up with just a wet MF towel. I'd only put 303 on the dash and non-floor surfaces though.

As far as the seats go, they weren't my favorite thing to clean. Extractor and Folex like mentioned earlier are probably your best bets. But please, don't hose 'er down inside:detailer: