PDA

View Full Version : Plastic care & Protection

PeterPistol
09-08-2014, 01:59 PM
What's the best way of taking care of these products vent shades and bug deflector and fake plastic chrome???30115
[ATTACH]30116[/ATTACH

Thanks

PeterPistol
09-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Anyone?

jamesboyy
09-08-2014, 08:39 PM
For those areas I would just apply a sealant that I have on hand after gently wiping both areas clean

wytstang
09-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I wonder if Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating would work on these parts. Both are (a type of) plastics and it has the highest UV rating of all coatings (per manufacturer) which is what kills these parts more then anything ime. I might just put some on mine to see what happens.

mcochris
09-08-2014, 10:02 PM
I'd be tempted to do a test spot with Carpro Dlux.

PA DETAILER
09-09-2014, 07:22 AM
I hit mine with wolfgang trim sealant last full detail.

MarkD51
09-09-2014, 07:37 AM
I'd tend to agree with the other folks here, that some make of a durable coating would be the best choice to protect these parts.

I'd be thinking along the lines of Carpro CQuartz-CQuartz DLX, or an offering from GTehniq such as C1, C4, EXO, or this new Gloss Coating now made by Optimum? Yes, there's others, and such like the durable lens coatings would probably work great also

I know well that such parts are highly susceptible to marring-scratching no matter how careful one is. The coatings should add some mar resistance, as well as protecting better against UV degradation.

With something like CQuartz DLX on hand, why stop there, do all trim on the vehicle with such, you won't be disappointed!

I've found with such smooth trim, apply quickly, and evenly, then don't touch it after that, let the product air cure-dry. Otherwise smearing can occur.

PeterPistol
09-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!

mcochris
09-09-2014, 10:13 PM
I've found with such smooth trim, apply quickly, and evenly, then don't touch it after that, let the product air cure-dry. Otherwise smearing can occur.

Good advice for Carpro Dlux!