PDA

View Full Version : DP Paint Coating question

joeyp3021
09-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Back in may I applied the DP paint coating on my daily driver, I live in NJ so winters here can get rough so I was gonna add a layer of wax for some added protection. Should I clay the car first or just give a good wash and then wax?

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-08-2014, 12:35 PM
You really won't need it, just wash with PBL coating shampoo or carpro reset regularly and let the coating do it's thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joeyp3021
09-08-2014, 12:42 PM
thanks for the reply...this is the first car I have used the coating on so im always used to doing a good detail before winter. Very interested in seeing how the coating holds up if we have a winter like last year

CDot
09-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Not mandatory, but DP Paint Coating can be layered with wax. DP Max Wax would be a good choice :-)

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I have the DP coating on my wife's car. It sat outside and was used all last winter in New York with minimal washing, no degradation of coating quality come spring. I know you *can* layer a wax on top of it, just seems silly to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David Hayward
09-08-2014, 08:50 PM
I've had it on my garage stored car for almost 4 months. Daily driven but always parked inside. It's holding up great but I might slap some souveran on just to see how it changes the look on my black vw