PDA

View Full Version : What is strongest wet/dry vac?

bladerunner
08-08-2007, 06:57 PM
I have been trying to find a new shop vac that will work well to get all the soap/water out of the carpet. I am having a hard time finding suction power ratings on shop vacs. Seems like that would be a standard number. I found a ridgid two stage that gets 80SP but that's about it. Not sure where this Ridgid is sold yet either.
Is anybody aware of a really great high suction power wet/dry vac?
I didn't see wet/dry vacs listed on AG so figured this was OK to ask.
Steve

D
08-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Id get an extractor if you're looking to suck out soap.

bill walsh
08-08-2007, 09:00 PM
home depot sells rigit

bladerunner
08-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Id get an extractor if you're looking to suck out soap.

I haven't found one under 650 yet. I have a Bissel rug cleaner but that thing doesn't have the suction power I would trust in a car. I have read several bad comments on the LGM so I thought I would take a different angle. Get a really good shop vac that would be good for lighter cleaning and then rent the RugDoctor from the hardware store when I needed the deeper cleaning from time to time. I 'm not making a living at this so it's hard to justify the big bucks for the extractors. Maybe those RugDoctors aren't that good either, never rented one.
I was leaning toward the DP interior and carpet products so there's less of a soap issue to deal with too.

As far as Home Depot, they don't sell the higher end Ridgid. I need to find where it's sold.

D
08-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Get yourself some DP total interior cleaner for interior carpets. No need for an extractor.

PhaRO
08-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Although not always true I have generally found the higher the amps the better the suction. The Blue Gray shop vacs found at Lowes with the 11amp (some might be larger) I've found to be durable, affordable and powerful. They have one that is identical to shop vac 5872462 for around $70. I have not used that particular one but I have a larger (16gallon) with the same motor and love the suction. I want the 5gallon one like the 5872462 for my mobile business. I have the Rigid wd4050 which is similar in size but not as powerful. Also when you are pulling out water I find taking off attachments and using as short a hose as you can helps. Any of the Shop Vacs rated above 60-80sp seem to be very expensive.

sparkie
08-09-2007, 03:57 AM
OTC IMO, Rigid or Craftsman brand 6.5 HP.