PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle soveran on top of Collinite 845

solman
09-07-2014, 06:31 PM
I waxed my truck with the Collinite today in order to get lasting protection well into the fall. However I like the gloss of the Pinnacle soveran and wanted to use it on top of the collinite. Would doing this hurt the longevity of the Collinite wax? I dont usually top one wax with a different wax and have no idea how this might turn out.

BillyJack
09-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Just about every year I've entered my Camino in a show, I've done my polishing and correction processes early, sealed it up, then laid on a final wax within a few days of the show. In my experience, topping Collinite with a non-cleaning "beauty" wax will never compromise it. I've topped 845, 476 and 915 with Souveran, Max Wax, Fusion, Dodo Juice and Meg's M26 and have never had a situation where I felt longevity was affected. As a precaution, I always leave it cure at least overnight.

Bill

cfiiman
09-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Just about every year I've entered my Camino in a show, I've done my polishing and correction processes early, sealed it up, then laid on a final wax within a few days of the show. In my experience, topping Collinite with a non-cleaning "beauty" wax will never compromise it. I've topped 845, 476 and 915 with Souveran, Max Wax, Fusion, Dodo Juice and Meg's M26 and have never had a situation where I felt longevity was affected. As a precaution, I always leave it cure at least overnight.

Bill

If I could ask a question here, when you top a wax with say Souveran, do you get as good of results then say if you stripped everything off and just used the Souveran? The reason I ask is I have just waxed my car with Mother's Pure Brazilian Carnauba but it was more work then I wanted so I"m switching to Souveran. I was under the impression I should remove the Mothers wax before applying, is that not true?