PDA

View Full Version : how to split up my truck

gregory1420
09-07-2014, 02:53 PM
I need to know how you guys would split up my truck. I plan on a complete detail of my truck in the next weekend or so. I got the wg four and a flex coming. need to clean the wheels and wheel wells and engine and the inside along with the outside. then some tsr then some sealant.

my question is how would you guys split this truck up? its a 2006 ford f350 4door. I know its going to be to much to do on a sat even if I start at sunrise. to clean the inside and the outside and the engine and machine polish the paint. what I was think is doing the following..

1st sat
remove all four wheels clean them and polish them up then treat with hydro2
degrease engine and wheel wells and treat with sonus motor kote.
treat tires with opti dressing before reinstalling.
completely detail interior.

2nd sat
wash and dry exterior
use flex along with the WG four(time consuming bc of the size of trk)
LSP collinite 845

the truck has water spots on the hood along with some light scratches. don't know if I need the wg uber compound will try the TSR first to see how that does. the truck is black and lower part is gray. for the most part the paint is in good shape but needs some attention to make the black paint pop.

would you do it a different way if so how and why?

Finemess
09-07-2014, 03:55 PM
That sounds good, are you going to be claying? You may want to save some and do it on Sunday.

gregory1420
09-07-2014, 04:14 PM
yes I was going to clay before I used the flex.. my truck wont fit in my garage its to long. I could just park it under a tree for shade. don't know if it will fit under a E-Z up tent..

between washing and claying then using the flex to fix the paint that's a lot of work to do along with the other stuff all in one sat.

on the 2nd sat the wash shouldn't hurt the hydro coated wheels along with the shined up wheels and wheel wells should it?

fly07sti
09-07-2014, 06:42 PM
After the wash and drying, use CarPro Iron X, or a comp iron removing product, then follow up with claying.
If that big truck hangs out of your garage, I would do some test spots to see exactly which products will give you what you're looking for, then polish the truck from the front doors forward. Then the next Saturday, back the truck in and finish the rest of it. And washing your truck after your wheels have been Hydro'd will be just fine.

gregory1420
09-07-2014, 08:31 PM
thanks fly.. the main problem area is the hood..

DaveT435
09-07-2014, 08:42 PM
After the wash and drying, use CarPro Iron X, or a comp iron removing product, then follow up with claying.
If that big truck hangs out of your garage, I would do some test spots to see exactly which products will give you what you're looking for, then polish the truck from the front doors forward. Then the next Saturday, back the truck in and finish the rest of it. And washing your truck after your wheels have been Hydro'd will be just fine.

I agree. That's a lot of truck. I might do the front clip and maybe the roof the first Saturday. Then the rest the next Saturday.

Just02896
09-07-2014, 08:55 PM
My advice would be to do the interior, jambs, engine, wheel wells, and bed area one day, and then plan the wash, decon, correction, and protection for another day when mild weather can be had. Start early in the AM and do whatever it takes to stay out from under a tree! Use the shade from a structure, a carport, or better yet find a friend with a garage big enough to fit your truck! Just please don't park under a tree on a hot day and attempt a correction with pollen and bird poop up above! Lol! Ask me how I know!

You could also just utilize as much of your garage as possible and then just turn the truck around when your ready to work on the rest.

gregory1420
09-07-2014, 09:33 PM
My advice would be to do the interior, jambs, engine, wheel wells, and bed area one day, and then plan the wash, decon, correction, and protection for another day when mild weather can be had. Start early in the AM and do whatever it takes to stay out from under a tree! Use the shade from a structure, a carport, or better yet find a friend with a garage big enough to fit your truck! Just please don't park under a tree on a hot day and attempt a correction with pollen and bird poop up above! Lol! Ask me how I know!

You could also just utilize as much of your garage as possible and then just turn the truck around when your ready to work on the rest.

lol yea I am not happy about using the tree for shade. problem with using a friends garage he doesn't have a water softner at his place just pure well water. very hard water..wouldn't want to wash it at my house then drive to his place.. might split up the truck in my own garage try it that way..

just about got all of my supplies together...thanks for the help..