PDA

View Full Version : Best glass coating

Pages : [1] 2 3

POPPAJ
09-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Getting read to prep the apply gtechniq coating to my windshield after polishing and I read a review that gives a less than glowing results. What's the best performance and durability wise? Will be polishing with GG glass polish and a rayon pad for prep.

PA DETAILER
09-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Detailer’s Glass Coating, glass sealant, rain repellent (http://www.autogeek.net/auto-glass-coating.html)

Outstanding glass coating. :props: This has lasted me many months.

ZeroSP
09-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Opti Glass Coat, I have both the normal and pro version.

Somehow the pro easier to apply than normal version this time.

DaveT435
09-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Opti Glass Coat, I have both the normal and pro version.

Somehow the pro easier to apply than normal version this time.

:iagree:

I use Opti glass. Not the pro version. Application seemed fairly easy. Product works great and durability is about a year.

JHL88
09-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Detailer’s Glass Coating, glass sealant, rain repellent (http://www.autogeek.net/auto-glass-coating.html)

Me as well! I believe for me it was 8 months before I decided to reapply. Not because it was failing, but because I was bored...

KillaCam
09-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Getting read to prep the apply gtechniq coating to my windshield after polishing and I read a review that gives a less than glowing results. What's the best performance and durability wise? Will be polishing with GG glass polish and a rayon pad for prep.

Which gtechniq glass coating?
The only glass coating I've tried is carpro flyby30 and I am very pleased with it.

Rsurfer
09-07-2014, 05:56 PM
The only glass coating I've tried is carpro flyby30 and I am very pleased with it.

Someone did a review on flyby30/gtechnig G5 and the winner was G5.

TurboToys
09-07-2014, 07:07 PM
:iagree:

I use Opti glass. Not the pro version. Application seemed fairly easy. Product works great and durability is about a year.

is durability still a year with normal wiper use?

on my regular vehicles i tend to just not use the wipers if the glass is coated well enough, the beads are few and far between, and while driving it pretty much flies off faster than the wipers would work anyway. but the wiper is techinically like sandpaper on the glass. so ive wondered about the durability of these on glass with wipers being used.

POPPAJ
09-07-2014, 09:22 PM

G1

kevincwelch
09-07-2014, 09:53 PM
I've read a few posts recently "maligning" G1.

Can't argue the facts of those posts, but I will say that I've been running G1 on my windows for the past year and it has done a stellar job.

The biggest PITA was using G2. Had I known at the time that it was IPA, I would have just wiped off the G1 residue with IPA. But, I used G2 and did a lot of buffing with microfibers.

G1 held up through the winter in Chicago, which was brutal.

I still think it performs well, and I top it with DG Rain Repel now, which IMHO has to be the best glass cleaner I've used in a long time.

The wipers did start skipping recently with the G1, so maybe it is starting to thin out a bit. Some people say they got skipping right off the bat. Not I.

I've also used PBL glass coating on my wife's windshield and it has worked out pretty well also. I think she got about 8 months out of it before I had to reapply it.

DaveT435
09-07-2014, 10:01 PM
is durability still a year with normal wiper use?

on my regular vehicles i tend to just not use the wipers if the glass is coated well enough, the beads are few and far between, and while driving it pretty much flies off faster than the wipers would work anyway. but the wiper is techinically like sandpaper on the glass. so ive wondered about the durability of these on glass with wipers being used.

Good question. Like you I rarely use the wipers. Once in a while when it's just a very light mist. I can tell you at a year it was still doing good. I had to polish it off to remove light scratches left from using the wrong glass pads.

bmwgeek
09-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Does opti-glass on the windshield cause any wiper skipping? I didn't like that with G1.

POPPAJ
09-07-2014, 11:03 PM

Got that! I'll try it on the sides and backlight.

Sherif
09-07-2014, 11:08 PM
+1 for Opti-Glass Coating

BRANDON GURLEY
09-08-2014, 12:23 AM
While on subject of glass.I have a 2012 evoque witb a winshield from hell. I accidentally got wheel brightener on the glass and im afraid i have ruined it. Not sure what else i can do, I have tried everything. Any suggestions.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AG Online