PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Montreal, Canada

SimonPC
09-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this car care stuff and I have no idea where to start.

But anyways, the forum is very interesting. Right now, I'm more confused than ever. :confused:

I want to protect my car for winter but don't have a lot of time to invest with the family, work, school and all.

I want the easiest process since I've never done this and don't want to scrap the car. So I was thinking of using Klasse AIO with Collinite 845 but then I read about DP's paint coating. If it can resist to harsh winters, I just might go ahead with paint coating.

What should I use for the longest results and ease of use?

In the meantime, I'll keep reading, trying to learn the most possible before trying to do this before winter.

Thanks for the help.

jamesboyy
09-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Welcome to autogeek.... a paint coating is your best bet though if funds are not all there then try to wait till that last good weekend to apply the klasse and 845 combo...and don't forget if you need help we are all here to help

Mike Phillips
09-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Hello,

I'm new to this car care stuff and I have no idea where to start.

But anyways, the forum is very interesting. Right now, I'm more confused than ever.

While many like to make car detailing complicated rocket science I actually like to keep is simple simon... especially if all you're doing is working on your own cars which are "Daily Drivers", not show cars.

This article goes over all the basic steps to follow and in the order to follow them... you can pick and choose which ones you want to do. There's also videos, pictures and links to even more info...

And while the title says the info is for a brand new car, that was just for Google, the info works for ANY car, truck suv even a John Deer Tractor.

How To Detail Your Brand New Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html)

If you do have questions, start a thread and write a title that tells people what you want help with and you'll get lots of replies. Don't just type,

Need help....

See this article for tips....

How to write a good title for your thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/20306-how-write-good-title-your-post.html)

:dblthumb2:

Meghan
09-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum!!

Klasse Act
09-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Welcome aboard!

If you only care about protection, a paint coating is your best bet, many to chose from. The cheapest is the kit Duragloss, hands down and you get their cleaner, Squeaky Clean, with it, along with an applicator and mf towel. There is a learning curve in using a coating for sure, its easy but still a learning curve nonetheless.

Your next best bet, without a doubt is Collinite #476 or DG #111 for ease of use, its easy on and easier off!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Zelfiris
09-08-2014, 09:36 AM
:welcome:

AZ Mike
09-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Welcome to Autogeek. Great place to learn.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

SimonPC
09-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Thank you all for taking the time and your suggestions.