PDA

View Full Version : New User, long-time detailer and lurker

jarred767
09-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Hey guys, figured I'd officially say "Hi" to everyone and introduce myself. I've lurked around on this site for years and been a member over at MOL for a while, but there's just so much activity here that I decided to make the switch!

I've been a pro mobile detailer for almost nine years now in the Seattle market (full-time for the last six) and plan on moving my business to Bend Oregon this spring.

I look forward to learning more from all the incredibly talented and helpful people in here, and hopefully I'll be able to add to the great conversations.

allenk4
09-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Welcome

jamesboyy
09-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Welcome to autogeek

BillE
09-06-2014, 07:12 AM
:welcome: Good to see ya "over here."

You're over on the 'East Side', right?

Bill

Tato
09-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Welcome aboard, !, looking forward to see you around.

Kind Regards.

alpha1
09-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Welcome to the forum dude. :)

Mike Phillips
09-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Hey guys, figured I'd officially say "Hi" to everyone and introduce myself. I've lurked around on this site for years and been a member over at MOL for a while, but there's just so much activity here that I decided to make the switch!

Welcome to AGO! :welcome:

Lots of good people on MOL...

I've been a pro mobile detailer for almost nine years now in the Seattle market (full-time for the last six) and plan on moving my business to Bend Oregon this spring.

I had a detail shop in Bellvue, Washing and lived in Densmore. Absolutely hated the traffic, crime and rain.

I lived in Oregon most of my life and Bend is a very beautiful place. If it were me I would go after the high end of the market as Bend and surrounding cities are very two tiered as there's not much industry in that area except tourism.

I look forward to learning more from all the incredibly talented and helpful people in here, and hopefully I'll be able to add to the great conversations.

I think you'll find AGO to be just as valuable a "tool" as any quality polisher as it will help you get the job done right the first time.

:)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Hi, welcome to AGO!

AZ Mike
09-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Welcome to Autogeek.

jarred767
09-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Thanks for all the "welcomes" everyone. I'm kind of baffled that I didn't join here a long time ago...but better late than never

I had a detail shop in Bellvue, Washing and lived in Densmore. Absolutely hated the traffic, crime and rain.
I knew you had spent a lot of time in Oregon, but didn't know that you had a shop up here. Is it still around, or did you "take it with you"? Yeah, the traffic and rain are two huge reasons why we need something different, we're super excited!

I lived in Oregon most of my life and Bend is a very beautiful place. If it were me I would go after the high end of the market as Bend and surrounding cities are very two tiered as there's not much industry in that area except tourism.
Yeah, there is a lot of money in Bend, but a lot of it is also concentrated to specific areas and I will definitely be going after the higher end of the market (something I'm doing a lot of research on how to exactly accomplish). There's also a lot of Californian's that have moved to Bend over the last decade and from some research I've already done, there is a growing need and very little competition in the area.

Looking forward to learning more from you and everyone else on these forums.