PDA

View Full Version : opticoat question....

808_detail_nut
09-05-2014, 06:07 PM
I have seen somewhere that you squeeze the contents into a small travel sprayer to apply to the pad. Anyone else do this with opticoat? I use this method with Klasse AIO and S/G and it works great. Just wondering if it would work just as good with Opticoat 2.0.

David Hayward
09-05-2014, 06:22 PM
My first opticoat 2.0 job I ever did I had intentions to do the spray bottle method. When the day came to do it though I felt like I was going to end up wasting it when I had some left in the bottle. I managed to use just the syringe and use 7cc on a subaru wax wagon. I didn't find it hard at all to use it the way it came.

808_detail_nut
09-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Yea figured that too. Just wondering if anyone used it that way. Thanks. I got 3 left so I wanted to use it on my personal cars rather than paying customers. Gonna be selfish with these lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

builthatch
09-06-2014, 12:28 AM
thought about it as well - i have these really cool micro sprayers that i cleaned out really well a while back, lol...but it's just too easy already with a neoprene pad and stock syringe :)

Rsurfer
09-06-2014, 12:31 AM
I think putting OC in a atomizer bottle will let too much air into the bottle and may have a negative effect on the product if not used right away. The purpose of the syringe is not allowing air to enter the container.

builthatch
09-06-2014, 10:49 AM
I think putting OC in a atomizer bottle will let too much air into the bottle and may have a negative effect on the product if not used right away. The purpose of the syringe is not allowing air to enter the container.

it definitely would if it were left in the bottle after the job was done. but during the course of installation, you'd be ok.

cleanmycorolla
09-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Chris from Optimum sprays it on like this, and so does Troy S. I've done it with a spray bottle too. During application it's not compromised, and after just put it back in the syringe.

David Hayward
09-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Do you just pull the plunger out and pour it back in the end or suck it up through the syringe?

hollerstiltner
09-06-2014, 09:32 PM
I'd just suck it up with the syringe. You could do it the other way but you'd be more likely to spill it.