PDA

View Full Version : Any Coating vs 4StarUPP + Collinite 915

expdetailing
09-05-2014, 10:25 AM
I am under the impression that, generally, coatings will provide more gloss, depth of bling, shininess, wet-look, etc. than any high-grade sealant topped with a good wax.
Can anybody confirm or deny this?
I am looking for that "wet candy" look.
I'm running 4starUPP topped w/ Collinite 915. It looks great, but can I get closer to "wet candy" with a coating?
Coatings are expensive, so I need your guys' advice to help manage my expectations before I possibly take the plunge.
Thank you for your input.

mwoolfso
09-05-2014, 12:31 PM
UPGP rings in my mind to "wet candy". I have used it as an LSP based on those reviews and the look is a little different than 915. It is more "candy-like".

RobRabbit2.5
09-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I ride with a towel cuz the candy paint wet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfArN-e2OU

silverfox
09-05-2014, 06:42 PM
UPGP...as sweet as candy gets...

JHL88
09-05-2014, 07:21 PM
I heard multiple claims that FK Great white paste wax (I think thats what its called) gives that look that you are seeking.

rodneypierce
09-05-2014, 07:46 PM
what is UPGP?

JHL88
09-05-2014, 08:08 PM
what is UPGP?

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

SonOfOC
09-05-2014, 08:45 PM
I am under the impression that, generally, coatings will provide more gloss, depth of bling, shininess, wet-look, etc. than any high-grade sealant topped with a good wax.
Can anybody confirm or deny this?

That is not the case. Coating, sealants, waxes will not be discernible. The prep work is the key. Before someone jumps in and says otherwise, just think if 3 sections (Coating, sealant, waxes), who would be able to tell them apart without smelling or touching them? One section may look more glossy, shiny, or "wet candy", but which one is it???

I am looking for that "wet candy" look.
I'm running 4starUPP topped w/ Collinite 915. It looks great, but can I get closer to "wet candy" with a coating?
4star is a very good sealant; especially when 2 coats are applied.

Coatings are expensive, so I need your guys' advice to help manage my expectations before I possibly take the plunge.
Thank you for your input.
Coatings are not expensive considering how long they last and the routine labor involved with apply and buffing off waxes and sealants.

FUNX650
09-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Try the 4*UPP Sealant...without...the Collinite 915 Wax.

Bob

silverfox
09-06-2014, 07:42 AM
DG coating kit which includes a prep polish is $35 with free shipping on Autoality. That's cheaper than most waxes,and easier to apply. DG products are great. Its an excellent coating. No more excuses guys...

BlackRam
09-06-2014, 12:17 PM
:dblthumb2:

I ride with a towel cuz the candy paint wet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfArN-e2OU