PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad

Pages : [1] 2

ericfine50
08-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Hello,

Has anyone used this? Are the results that good? A buddy of mine suggested using brake cleaner on a rag and then wiping the area with the bug guts or tar.

The rocker panels of my truck need some help.

Thanks for your advice.
Eric

FMINUS
08-08-2007, 02:52 PM
The scrub pad is AWESOME a def good buy! IT does not scratch the paint. The brake cleaner is about as good as putting kerosene to your paint..... Dont do it...

makdaddy626
08-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I agree 100%, it makes short work of most bugs on the front of my cars without any need for anything harsher than my regular shampoo.

It's one of the best bang for the buck items you can get.

lgtspecb
08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
i just got the pad in my last order as a filler to get the order up to $100 for free shipping. used it this last weekend and even after letting it soak i was skepticle of putting it on my paint. i turned out to be so smooth and effective it is now my second favorite tool (next to the foam gun i got in my last order). I use it on the front bumper and windshield as well as underbody and wheel wells. It is so smooth and easy to clean that I don't worry about getting grime in it like I do with my microfiber wash mitts.

AL417
08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Use it all the time. Takes off even the nastiest bugs and doesn't mar the paint.

FMINUS
08-08-2007, 04:31 PM
i just got the pad in my last order as a filler to get the order up to $100 for free shipping. used it this last weekend and even after letting it soak i was skepticle of putting it on my paint. i turned out to be so smooth and effective it is now my second favorite tool (next to the foam gun i got in my last order). I use it on the front bumper and windshield as well as underbody and wheel wells. It is so smooth and easy to clean that I don't worry about getting grime in it like I do with my microfiber wash mitts.

becarful mixing wheel wells and underbody with paint!

ScottB
08-08-2007, 05:08 PM
I find Poorboys Bug Squash and a MF towel is all thats needed for most bugs, tars, and other sticky contaminents. You can also add it to your wash for extra umph. Dont use scrubbers much !

ericfine50
08-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Sweet - Thanks guys for the feedack! I think I might have to order the pad. I was also looking at the Chemical Guys website and they had a few products that may work. But, this seems like a good frist step.

BTW - What does the foam gun do?
Thanks
Eric

pt91
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I use the pad. I cut the pads into 3 smaller squre pads (with a serrated knife). I even hv one in the shower. Works really well on soap scum.

sparkie
08-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Now some bud&tar remover has Kerosene in it. Right off the bat, Stoners and Turtle wax brand dose. Never use brake cleaner or fluid on paint or plastics on your vehicle.

ericfine50
08-09-2007, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I am very glad I asked first before attempting.

makdaddy626
08-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I find Poorboys Bug Squash and a MF towel is all thats needed for most bugs, tars, and other sticky contaminents. You can also add it to your wash for extra umph. Dont use scrubbers much !

Killr, Is the PB Bug Squash safe to use every wash or will it remove sealants and waxes?

wolfpacker92
08-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I use the PB Bug Squash and the pad and have yet to encounter bugs that I couldn't get off regardless of how long they had been on there.

lgtspecb
08-09-2007, 04:43 PM
becarful mixing wheel wells and underbody with paint!
I do the bumper first, followed by the windshield, and then the wheel wells. It gets a nice cleaning before it goes back on the bumper. If anything it is safer than using a wash mitt, because if I get junk in the mitt (which is much harder to clean) and not notice it, I risk marring the whole body.

Quick detailer is great for cleaning up bugs the same day after a drive, a safe bug and tar remover is great as a pre-wash on the splattered areas, and then just hit them up again with the your mitt during the wash. Using the pad is easy and effective alternative.

ScottB
08-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Killr, Is the PB Bug Squash safe to use every wash or will it remove sealants and waxes?

I dont see a need to use it with every wash, but I suppose you could. After time it might wear down a wax, but doubt it would dent a sealant.