PDA

View Full Version : Car wax on...

Lexi65
09-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Car wax on Stainless Steel appliances... Anybody done this?
Feed back please. :buffing:

kevin_1981
09-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Nope... thought about it... then decided not to. Didnt wanna risk ruining my nice SS fridge :)

HD.Detailing
09-04-2014, 05:56 PM
I don't see why not.. go try it and give us feedback

jamesboyy
09-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Many people waxed, detail even polish the surfaces in there homes once winter(cold weather) sets in therefore I say go for it thought test on a hidden spot to see the outcome first ...happy detailing

Sizzle Chest
09-04-2014, 06:31 PM
I just used some sealant on my stainless steel garage cabinets and tool boxes...it worked great! Darkened the metal a little bit, but it helps keep the finger prints and smudges off of them!

FUNX650
09-04-2014, 06:47 PM
•Some automotive-Waxes may contain chemicals/solvents that are incompatible with SS.
•Imagine the fingerprints that'll be more visible!
•Many automotive-Waxes are dust magnets.
•I can't see having Waxed appliances in the kitchen where cooking greases are generated.

There are plenty of dedicated SS appliance cleaners/polishes. Flitz has one.

Bob

BillE
09-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Most SS appliances, the 'home' variety that is, appear to have CC over the panels.

I've use Meguiar's Ult polish with good results and then M-16 (yea, still some).

Just make sure that they are CC before you get too carried away.

Bill

Mike Phillips
09-05-2014, 06:37 AM
•Some automotive-Waxes may contain chemicals/solvents that are incompatible with SS.

That's my experience. That is either car waxes or paint sealants actualy tend to dull a stainless steel surface that already in good condtion, that is clear and shiny.

We have a stainless steel counter on the workbench in the AG Garage and it takes a LOT of abuse.

I constantly use it for pictures though, for example from the recent 1965 Chevy Streetrod project.

Rupes Polishers - Extreme Makeover - 1965 Chevy Streetrod (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-autogeek-s-car-week/83891-rupes-polishers-extreme-makeover-1965-chevy-streetrod.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=80093

Before I can take pictures I need to restore the clear, shiny finish and what I use is Stoners Xenit. Cleans, polishes and really does a nice job on brushed stainless steel finish.

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/xenit.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/Xenit.jpg

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner removes resins, carbon deposits, silicones, and contaminants from molds. You’ll never again be frustrated trying to remove tough gunk and grime in your home, office, garage or car. Natural citrus XENIT by Stoner removes tacky, grimy dirt so well, in most cases you can simply “wipe it away.”

XENIT is a natural precision mold cleaner used as a degreaser in the plastics and rubber molding industries. It contains Citrus 66, a highly refine extract of citrus fruit. This powerful ingredient removes greasy soil and stains that can't be removed by soap and water.

Use XENIT to quickly permanent marker, crayon and lipstick “accidents” in the car and around the home. It removes release agents, resins, carbon deposits, and other contaminants left in mold cavities.

XENIT contains more than five, different, high performance cleaners. Unlike most water-based citrus cleaners that are designed to lift and carry dirt, XENIT is formulated to break down the complex molecules found in sticky materials.

This MicroActive cleaning action gives XENIT unequaled abilities to loosen and dissolve difficult grime like tar, grease, gum and adhesives. It even removes dried latex paint if accidentally dripped on carpet, flooring, or furniture. XENIT removes shoe scuffs and heel marks from from vinyl panels and greasy dirt from fabrics and upholstery.

Save yourself hours of agony trying to remove sticky stuff with standard cleaners. Avoid wasted time spent laboring with inferior water-based products. XENIT is formulated to evaporate and dry completely, leaving behind no sticky residues or streaky soaps.

I keep a can of this in the garage all the time.

:)