PDA

View Full Version : Blitz wax vs Dodo Juice wax vs AG's wax offerings

Pages : [1] 2

FMINUS
08-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Looking at those 2 products, how do they compare to AGs offerings?

CalgaryDetail
08-08-2007, 03:18 PM
its hard to say since AG sells a ton of waxes as well as it all depends on what you are looking for.

just keep in mind shipping on dodo juice is a ton since its comming from europe...

P1et
08-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I've seen quite a bit in regards to the Dodo waxes, especially on the UK forums. Is this new stuff?

FMINUS
08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
It sounds gimmicky..... I dunno..... maybe its just Natty's White w coloring... at 60USD a jar

Dust2Glory
08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
???? I wouldn't put anything called DODO JUICE on my car, let alone a customer car!!!!!

pirex
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
???? I wouldn't put anything called DODO JUICE on my car, let alone a customer car!!!!!

Agree with Dust here! What a name :p Sounds like a cheap orange juice :D

ScottB
08-08-2007, 05:06 PM
If you like Blitz, try Poorboys QW+ (http://www.autogeek.net/pbqd16.html) .... and no DOODOO here either !

klumzypinoy
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
The dodojuice site is pretty weird. They use flashy labels and everything. Purple haze reminds me of something that my friends used to do :p

FMINUS
08-08-2007, 05:13 PM
If you like Blitz, try Poorboys QW+ (http://www.autogeek.net/pbqd16.html) .... and no DOODOO here either !

Not that CG Blitz, the "One Grand Blitz Wax" its a paste supposedly made since 1933 or something like that. It comes in an old tin can but is kinda pricey at 25-30 bucks...

Dust2Glory
08-08-2007, 05:16 PM
:D
Not that CG Blitz, the "One Grand Blitz Wax" its a paste supposedly made since 1933 or something like that. It comes in an old tin can but is kinda pricey at 25-30 bucks...

That's pricey??? Most waxes on AG are about that much... thing about waxes from AG, you know the source they come from and if you have a prob., just look up meg or scott and they be helping out!!:D

FMINUS
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
:D

That's pricey??? Most waxes on AG are about that much... thing about waxes from AG, you know the source they come from and if you have a prob., just look up meg or scott and they be helping out!!:D

I was thinking pricey cause it just didnt look like it warrant the price. :D

ScottB
08-08-2007, 05:54 PM
After searching high and low for a well known Japanese Wax called Authentic Premium, I was kinda disappointed at the outcome. Nowhere near as wet look, and a creamy consistency. I guess everything from across the pond is not always the best offering.

dontsleeponit
08-08-2007, 06:16 PM
FMINUS, the One Grand Blitz wax is the only thing I have used on my GTO so far, because it was available locally at botique shop, and I have not yet saved all my pennies for my big AG order.

The blitz wax is VERY durable and very easy in the application department.
The shine is so-so, nothing spectacular but better then most OTC offerings I would bet. You can look at the pics in my sig, I always usualy take pics soon after a wax job. I have starting using meg's UQD over the blitz wax and it improves the shine 10X.

The guy at the store reccomended the blitz wax and p21S wax, but told me the blitz was far supperior in durability, and it was cheaper (10oz $18). I originally thought durability would be important to me, but as it has turned out my car stays in the garage all te time and I clean it all the time, so im certainly looking to upgrade to some better looking stuff from AG.

For a daily driver, I can see this being a very nice choice for a carnuba.

FMINUS
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I dont think we have "boutique" shops here in CA..... :(
$18 is a lot cheaper than $25(i think) wherever I saw it.

dontsleeponit
08-08-2007, 06:21 PM
yea, you prob saw the 15oz can, that is about $25 I believe