PDA

View Full Version : Newer Model Ford Paint ... looking for experienced recommendations

MilesTeg
09-03-2014, 09:17 PM
I have a '13 Mustang in Deep Impact Blue, which has proven to have some pretty swirl/marring/scuff prone paint, so I'm looking for someone with experience with late model ford paint, if possible that exact car/color (ford may have different processes?) who can recommend me a specific towel they have that they have actually used with good results.

I'm not extremely cost sensitive, but the idea of a $15 towel doesnt' appeal to me either. I'd like to keep it in the range of no more than $5-7/towel, as I'm a fan of semi-disposible towels (that get demoted to other cleaning jobs) and I want to grab at least 20 16x16 so I have plenty to use and wash easily.

Any help?

wils91
09-03-2014, 10:39 PM
I have a 2012 F-150 in Ingot Silver, and we just got a 2015 Explorer in Tuxedo black. I'm not noticing any issues with towel damage on either using Cobra Guzzlers, Chemical guys Green El Gordo, and their Gold with black piping towels. (look like Gold Plush Jr.)

No problems with those towels on the black. even on the soft, glossy plastic A,B,and C pillars since I've corrected them.