PDA

View Full Version : mess with the buffalo you get the horn..

Pages : [1] 2

joe.p
08-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I seen this on a program last night called.. I Caught..
if your patient enough to sit through the video 8:23 secs the outcome is astonishing...

YouTube - Battle at Kruger (http://youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM)

coupe
08-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Video keeps freezing on me

joe.p
08-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Video keeps freezing on me
yeah..it will pause twice after that its fine...

coupe
08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Now it freezes at the 5 second mark and then stops the video

joe.p
08-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Now it freezes at the 5 second mark and then stops the video
yes ...it will freeze a couple times after that its fine...if you can past it the clip is worth viewing

Al-53
08-08-2007, 01:17 PM
That was something to see..How the herd all came to rescue the calf...Goes to show there is communication between animals and intelligence is present..how much ..who knows...

Its a sad thing to see it happen like that..but its a every day occurrence in the animal world.....

joe.p
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
That was something to see..How the herd all came to rescue the calf...Goes to show there is communication between animals and intelligence is present..how much ..who knows...

Its a sad thing to see it happen like that..but its a every day occurrence in the animal world.....
did you catch the part where the alligator tried to snatch the calf away from the lions...

the person who shot the tape was a tourist..he gave a copy to one of the people on tour and the 2nd guy posted it on youtube..now they sold the rights to national geographic $$$$..

Al-53
08-08-2007, 01:32 PM
did you catch the part where the alligator tried to snatch the calf away from the lions...

the person who shot the tape was a tourist..he gave a copy to one of the people on tour and the 2nd guy posted it on youtube..now they sold the rights to national geographic $$$$..

Yes..I thought the gator was going to get it...they have some power when in the water....them Buffalo are pretty tuff animals....thick hided...

I remember once when in Nam over looking a rice patty a water buffalo was grazing and walking...it hit a land mine..small personal mine...it blew its leg off....then next day it was out there grazing again....with the missing leg...now thats something....

Al

Gary Sword
08-08-2007, 01:47 PM
It's amazing that the heard all came to the save the cafe. I thought it was finish for sure. Who said the lion is the king of the jungle? The video work fine for me.

joe.p
08-08-2007, 04:21 PM
i'm glad you guys took the time to see the video..one of the guys along with his wife from national geographic has been shooting videos like this for 25 years hoping to get a shot like that..

here an amateur tourist armed with a camera given to him as a coporate gift..btw he wasnt even familiar how to operate it..lol comes along and captures the moment..

coupe
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Actually there are many videos capturing even better moments then that.

joe.p
08-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Al..this was the same conversation we had at work..the herd definately came to take what was theirs

Actually there are many videos capturing even better moments then that.from your reply i'm guessing you had a chance to see the video..i have watched plenty but this is the first where the prey actually had a chance to survive..

07ImpalaSS
08-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Cool video.

wytstang
08-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I saw that yesterday on a mustang forum. It was cool @ 5:49 how the buffolo toss the lioness in the air. That is rare that it escapes 2 deadly predetors(sp?).

I remember once when in Nam over looking a rice patty a water buffalo was grazing and walking...it hit a land mine..small personal mine...it blew its leg off....then next day it was out there grazing again....with the missing leg...now thats something.... I would have strapped a gun to it and set him on his way to the enemy lol.

joe.p
08-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I would have strapped a gun to it and set him on his way to the enemy lol.LMAO