PDA

View Full Version : Trying to see if I'll use a dash protector on my production detailing jobs. Help me plz

fellipe
09-03-2014, 08:48 AM
I'm trying to do a cost analysis to see how much I'd spend per car in my express/production mobile car wash business.

I will be using OPC to clean the interior (10:1). Is a protector necessary for the dash? Should I use one?

Now to see how much it'd cost: How many interiors could I do with a half liter spray? (Like Meguiars Natural Shine)

Thank you!

HD.Detailing
09-03-2014, 09:00 AM
dash protector? not sure what you are talking about... so prob. not needed

not enough coffee yet,,, are you talking about a spray protectant? If so, a good quality one would be great if the customer is expecting and paying for it. DON'T get any that are not water based IMO, the shiny silicone ones could actually trap heat and cause premature cracking of the dash.

I like 303 and BF interior protectant

fellipe
09-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes, that's what I meant :)

So for a quick interior vacuum and cleanup I shouldn't bother using a protectant?

SYMAWD
09-03-2014, 09:40 AM
You could use Chemical Guy's Silk Shine. You only need 2-3 sprays for the dash and it leaves a very dark satin look with absolutely no streaks even on smooth surfaces. It's been on my dash for a month and a half and it's still nearly as dark as the day I applied it.

AutowerxDetailing
09-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Since the goal is production detailing I would consider some sort of cleaner product that also contains a UV inhibitor. I use one from a local supplier that is safe for all interior surfaces and is made from natural ingredients. My only gripe with it is it attracts bees!

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

allenk4
09-03-2014, 12:28 PM
IMO, putting something on the dash is an important part of the detail from a Marketing Perspective

It reminds the customer that you were there, long after the outside of the vehicle has been rained on, etceteras

It takes 30 seconds to spray and wipe the upper section of the dash

Tato
09-03-2014, 01:03 PM
I've gave you suggestion earlier for CG NonSense at your OPC thread.

For protectant, I'd recommend using 303 Aerospace.
303 Aerospace Protectant 16 oz (http://www.autogeek.net/16oz.html)

Easy to use (like said, takes seconds to apply), and gives the dash a very clean, matte, original, OEM, standard look. It also helps preventing dust to accumulate (it will, but it will take more time).

Even when performing fast works, giving the dash a 'like-new' appearance is point in your favor. Customers loves shiny cars, but when they enter the interior they will be looking at the dash. Worth the investment.

303 goes a long way, few mists at a MF towel you can do the dash and the whole interior if you'd like. Wipe it off dry after applying.

Before 'going crazy' and ordering gallons of products, my recommendations were 16oz of NonSense and 16oz of 303. It's less than $30, and the bottles pay for themselves in 1-2 fast works.

That said, test many products in small size before finding what you like.

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards.

fellipe
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Hey Tato, just saw you're from Brazil as well :). As you may know we don't have too many options down here :(

Obrigado pela ajuda!!

personaltouchAD
09-03-2014, 01:49 PM
For production detailing, I think I would go with hyper dressing. Its going to cost you the least. What are you putting on the tires?