PDA

View Full Version : Use medium nanoskin to clean windshield?

sito
09-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Is it safe to use medium or rough nanoskin to clean windshield?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AG Online

frankprozzoly
09-03-2014, 08:20 AM
I use med. I watched larry ammonyc use a razor blade then he polished n I don't see why a nano would damage glass

HD.Detailing
09-03-2014, 08:25 AM
you are supposed to break them in on glass.. it's fine

trashmanssd
09-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah I use (0000) steel wool on glass with glass cleaner and its fine glass is very hard substance.

Tato
09-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Sure, you can use it and get top notch results.

By the way, nanoskin tends to leave marring (to some extent), that said, it's good practice to follow it's use with a light pad and polish get rid of marring and get great results (even on glass).

If you have waterspots and are willing to remove, I'd recommend to wash the windshield at first, use CarPro Spotless, rinse, use nanoskin, and do the light polish recommended above (or a waterspot removal dedicated polish).

Your glass will show great improvement after that.

Hope I could help at some extent,

Kind Regards.

sito
09-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the response guys

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AG Online

brondondolon
09-03-2014, 11:43 AM
When dealing with bad hard water spots on glass I used the nanoskin med and have never had bad results. Ill spray with spotless and a foam applicator rinse off then use clay lube and the nanoskin then finish it off with another run of the spotless.

Tato
09-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Welcome. Typed fast, forgot to complement - apply protection afterwards. I like using Glass Coating, however many spray waxes I've used worked well, just don't rely on it's durability (needs frequent reapplication).

To remove bugs from windshield, I may use a 'Safe Scrub Towel' or even Sonax bug sponge (they are a 'mesh' type of towel / applicator) instead of the clay / nanoskin thing.

Nanoskin will also remove bugs with tremendous ease, but then the marring (it's very fine, but can be seen on different light conditions), if I'm only doing a maintenance wash (no polish afterwards), I'd stick with bug towel.

Just a tip to give you more ideas, the bug towel is also great for maintenance after you detailed glass.

More tips? Wash the car (and glass, sure!), and when rinsing, get your nanoskin and using the free flow of water (or a shower type nozzle) as 'lube', clay the glass.

NOTICE: This is different from recommending 'Plain Water' as Lube for Nanoskin. I'm talking about Flowing Water, well, if you could understand my Brazilian English, you may test it and see for yourself.

One more thing, I'd never use water alone in spray bottle to lube nanoskin, this may cause even more, and unnecessary marring. Again, talking about the Flowing Water as Lube.

Cons of this method: Not the most environmental friendly approach.

Pros: All the rest.

Kind Regards.

Tato
09-03-2014, 11:53 AM
@Brondondolon description is great about the process of nanoskin associated with spotless on glass.

Thanks for that.