PDA

View Full Version : Need help with this guy's and girls...

Pages : [1] 2

808_detail_nut
09-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Detailed a truck yesterday and the owner came across this on his new rims.

Washed it with gold class and my MF mitt. Then sealed it with klass aio and S/G. Anyone came across this, I want to help him figure out what happened because he is a friend. I can't think of anything that could breakdown the paint so fast. I polished all the rims by hand so I would have came across this for sure. Help please!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

hernandez.art13
09-02-2014, 11:51 PM
So you saw that after you washed the vehicle and after you did an AIO?

Have you tried removing it?

Could be wrong but it looks like a water spot that dried on the wheel.

Prophizee
09-03-2014, 12:03 AM
I concur looks like a water spot

Forza Felipe

brondondolon
09-03-2014, 02:04 AM
So you saw that after you washed the vehicle and after you did an AIO?

Have you tried removing it?

Could be wrong but it looks like a water spot that dried on the wheel.

That's what I was going to say. Although my suggestion would be carpro spotless it sounds like u need a remedy now. Try vinegar and a foam wax applicator.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

808_detail_nut
09-03-2014, 02:50 AM
No I didn't see it washing or when I applied the AIO. My friend texted me the picture when he got home. He said it went right through the paint! I'm going to take a look tomorrow.

TurboToys
09-03-2014, 07:59 AM
No I didn't see it washing or when I applied the AIO. My friend texted me the picture when he got home. He said it went right through the paint! I'm going to take a look tomorrow.

it was probably some leftover water that hit the rim after you were done. not gonna be a big deal. like the others said, some vinegar on a pad or rag and soak it for a second then wipe it away after it gets dissolved.

Paul A.
09-03-2014, 08:03 AM
I agree with everyone else here...looks like a classic water spot. White distilled vinegar should do it, then seal again. Keep us posted.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
09-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I agree with everyone else here...looks like a classic water spot. White distilled vinegar should do it, then seal again. Keep us posted.

Depends on the type of water spot - vinegar may or may not work. If you've got CarPro Spotless, I would try that first.

Paul A.
09-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Yes, good point.

808_detail_nut
09-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Ok I'll keep you posted after I take a look at it today. Anyway, lesson learned. Male sure I have my customers inspect their vehicles before they leave.

brondondolon
09-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Ok I'll keep you posted after I take a look at it today. Anyway, lesson learned. Male sure I have my customers inspect their vehicles before they leave.

Thats what I do. I have them inspect it with me first and i point everything i see out before i wash the car. Then when im done i do the same thing again. Last thing i ever want is some one telling me i messed up their car when the damage was already there.

Try the white vinegar first unless you have spotless. If you have spotless then use that before anything. If you dont have spotless I def recommend picking some up for the future. Now im not there to determine what it is exactly but if it does appear to be a mineral deposit and the vinegar doesnt do much hit it with some clay lube and your clay or nano skin.

808_detail_nut
09-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Ok I don't have spotless yet, it's actually in transit from a order. I do have duragloss 505 ( http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-water-spot-remover.html ) and mx7 plus for paint ( http://www.pakshak.com/mx-7-plus-hard-water-spots-and-stains-remover-16oz.html ). Thanks. Hope it works.

808_detail_nut
09-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Well took a look at it and it is etched. Pretty bummed out about it but I'm going to try and polish it out with some 205 tomorrow. I think that might make it look better. It doesn't look like it went threw the entire clear. If I can get to it I'll post some pictures. Lucky he was more than happy with the overall detail because I spent a good amount fixing this huge scratch.

Wish I took a picture from the start but it ran the whole way across the door. Got about 80% correction and now you can't see it. Pretty much only if you look real hard you can see it.

BlackRam
09-06-2014, 12:37 PM
so one would use vinegar to remove water spots?
just regular white vinegar?
is it diluted?
would it eat through waxes and coatings?

look for some more guidance,

thanks

DAnewbie
09-06-2014, 12:50 PM
what did you use on the tires? dressing? I have seen tire dressings do weird things to rims.