PDA

View Full Version : Megs apc

frankprozzoly
09-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Reading the difference between apc and apc plus just seems to be the Orange scent. I would've bought the orange scented one if I knew about it. What is your preference. So far I've just used the green apc on my tires and it sure does work. Gets the tires squeeky clean

The tires come out so nice you almost don't need a dressing

Speaking of tires. I used a cheap Costco MF to wipe down. It gets black obviously so it goes in the garbage. I can't continue using a towel every wipe. That'd be alot of towels. Do you guys just air dry tires.

jamesboyy
09-02-2014, 05:28 PM
I uses meguiars d101 the green one even consider trying tuff shine tire cleaner also instead of buying yellow towels buy a few black microfiber towels they reusable, and hides the staining

CopperMtnGuy
09-02-2014, 05:51 PM
I let mine air dry, no issues. If I don't have the time to air dry them before putting tire shine on, I'll just use some paper towels to dry them.

The Guz
09-02-2014, 05:56 PM
APC+ also had less foaming action. Other than that they are both good.

allenk4
09-02-2014, 07:00 PM
I believe Meguiar's APC+ has been discontinued

The Guz
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
I believe Meguiar's APC+ has been discontinued

Yes it has been especially in the gallon bottles.

BrandonS
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
apc+ is less foaming and for use in extractors. I use it a lot. I believe you have to buy a 5 gal pale to get it now and the price went up. I don't know if AG sells it that way or not. I stocked up when they were getting low. I have not tried the green stuff but it may even work better because it foams. I needed the low foam for my myttee.

personaltouchAD
09-03-2014, 06:18 AM
As far as the cheap Costco towels go, put you about 5 in a bag, and only use them for the tires. Once they get really bad, wash them with degreaser. They're just tire towels after all.

frankprozzoly
09-03-2014, 06:39 AM
As far as the cheap Costco towels go, put you about 5 in a bag, and only use them for the tires. Once they get really bad, wash them with degreaser. They're just tire towels after all.

See, this is why I ask you guys for advice. I don't want to put those nasty towels in the washer. Never even considered just washing them in a bucket

TurboToys
09-03-2014, 08:06 AM
See, this is why I ask you guys for advice. I don't want to put those nasty towels in the washer. Never even considered just washing them in a bucket

do a tire scrub with a brush, you'll get most of the black. then don't worry about getting towels black from tires, after they are scrubbed good, you can use a tire sealant, not a dressing. and you won't have the issue of gunk on tires anymore. that tw tire coating is holding up real well for the job.

frankprozzoly
09-03-2014, 08:11 AM
What's the tw tire coating