PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Mirror Glaze vs. Ultimate

RobRabbit2.5
09-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey Mike,

I have been using the Meguiar's ultimate line for about 5-6 details now with some absolutely phenominal results using your methods. I have been looking into buying their mirror glaze line next as this is for professional detailers. (which i'd like to become)

On the AG Site the Meguiar's page states:

Meguiars huge selection of car care products is divided into seven distinct categories:

Meguiars Car Care Products: Here you will find Meguiars famous Mirror Glaze and Gold Class lines. These include Meguiars traditional polishes, compounds, glazes, washes, and car waxes.

Meguiars NXT Generation: For the enthusiast who enjoys instant gratification, Meguiars created this line of polymer-based products. Designed especially for today’s clear coat finishes, these entirely synthetic products are aimed at ease of use and longevity.

Meguiars Ultimate Products: Designed with the perfectionist in mind, Meguiars Ultimate Products provide the best shine and protection of all Meguiars waxes and polishes. Each and every Meguiars Ultimate Product represents the best that Meguiars has to offer. From synthetic polymer sealants to vinyl and rubber protectants, Meguiars Ultimate Products has all your car care needs covered.

I think this means that as far as Meguiars is concerned i have already tried the best they have to offer and perhaps it's time to try out a different brand for fun.

It's tough to move away from great results though.

Advice?

jamesboyy
09-02-2014, 02:38 PM
You don't necessarily give up meguiars if you like them so much though keep an open mind and try other brands and take note that other products will perform better some may not though still always buy your favorite/what works best for you

The Guz
09-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Different products in different lines and they all perform very well. The ultimate line is as close to the mirror glaze line as you can get.

Ultimate Compound is derived from M105
Ultimate polish is derived from M205
Ultimate wax has no equivalent in the mirror glaze line but M21 is good as well.

The mirror glaze versions provide a little more correction while the ultimate line is meant to be more user friendly for the consumer.

c8n
09-02-2014, 03:47 PM
If the OP is looking into detailing for money, I would look at what is the best value.... the best bang for the buck.

RobRabbit2.5
09-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Different products in different lines and they all perform very well. The ultimate line is as close to the mirror glaze line as you can get.

Ultimate Compound is derived from M105
Ultimate polish is derived from M205
Ultimate wax has no equivalent in the mirror glaze line but M21 is good as well.

The mirror glaze versions provide a little more correction while the ultimate line is meant to be more user friendly for the consumer.

Right. I agree. But i'm still not clear on the two product distinctions when it comes to quality. Not only of the product but of the results achievable with them.

And when it comes to doing it for money soon. I will be buying a good AIO product and just working it out. I will offer a 3 stage service of course if that's what the customer wants but i can't see most people in my area wanting to drop the money for that process. Have a recommendation for AIO?

Thanks for the replies!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-03-2014, 07:05 AM
There are many great products that Meguiar's offers for production detailing with many of them presenting a tremendous bang for the buck. Don't discount the Detailer line as most of this line is geared specifically for the Detailer.

As for a great AIO, Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditiong cream is the one I use most.

What questions do you have as far as offering ("X" product) in your different stages?

FUNX650
09-03-2014, 07:48 AM
i'm still not clear on the two product distinctions when it comes to quality. Not only of the product but of the results achievable with them.

Have a recommendation for AIO?

•Both of these particular Meguiar's line-ups offer the very highest of quality products.
•The results, that are achievable with either product line, are unlimited.

•M66 and D151 are two excellent AIOs for "production detailing".

Meguiars Mirror Glaze #66 Quick Detailer Gallon: A one-step cleaner wax for high production reconditioning with a dual action or rotary polisher! (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-quick-detailer-.html)

Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-paint-reconditioning-cream-d151.html)

Bob

Desertnate
09-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Right. I agree. But i'm still not clear on the two product distinctions when it comes to quality. Not only of the product but of the results achievable with them.

It's not a matter of quality, but a matter of how the product is formulated and the targeted customer base. Both are quality products.

The 105/205 example is a great one to work from. 105/205 from what I understand have slightly more cut than their UC and UP counterparts. However, UC and UP are formulated to have a longer working time and are a bit easier to use. This is due to Ultimate products being designed to be idiot proof for the casual user and weekend warriors, whereas 105/205 are designed from the pro/experienced user. Both products will yield amazing results. I've used UC/UP and been very happy. There is plenty of documentation and anecdotal evidence here to prove 105/205 deliver.

Jaretr1
09-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Meguiars Ultimate line is targeted for the enthusiast for over the counter sales. The Mirror Glaze line is targeted at professional detailers and body shops. Over the counter products targeted for the enthusiast are often the most expensive on a per oz basis, even though the price per bottle may be low or less compared to their professional equivalent.

RobRabbit2.5
09-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Thanks a lot for all the insight and guidance guys. I really like meguiar's stuff, and will always have their products in my arsenal. Im glad it gave me a good baseline to work from.

I will now start augmenting my product base with specialty products from other companies. I think that's where i'll see the difference in quality.

The advice on the #66 and D151 was exactly what i was thinking for a AIO.