PDA

View Full Version : gem orbital polisher?

jeorviene
09-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Has anyone used a gem orbital polisher for reconditioning the paint of a car?
I feel like it's not meant for reconditioning, just polishing...

allenk4
09-01-2014, 11:43 PM
In your opinion, what is the difference between "polishing" and "reconditioning" paint?

VISITOR
09-02-2014, 12:20 AM
the gem orbital is too big and cumbersome and it's not going to do much of anything, not to mention there isn't any variety of pads/backing plates and under powered as well.. buy the harbor freight DA instead...

jeorviene
09-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Hopefully I can make it work until I able to get a DA. I think reconditioning is more like making the paint to look brand new again. Versus polishing is making it shiny. Haha I don't know really, I thought there's a difference, maybe not.

allenk4
09-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Hopefully I can make it work until I able to get a DA. I think reconditioning is more like making the paint to look brand new again. Versus polishing is making it shiny. Haha I don't know really, I thought there's a difference, maybe not.

Here is a link to where I started this journey:

Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)

It will allow you to build a strong foundation of knowledge that you can build upon

jeorviene
09-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Thank you :)