PDA

View Full Version : Which glaze works as well as DWG?

Pages : [1] 2

spike
08-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Hello all,

Been a while since I've been around...and I just saw that DWG 2.0 is no longer available. Can someone recommend a glaze that works as well as DWG for a 2005 acura tl with dark grey paint? I have some paint issues that need to be covered up, since they cannot be corrected due to the paint being "past the point of no return" unfortunately. Just want the car to look as good as possible, and live with the imperfections in the paint.

Thanks!

:)

Eandras
08-31-2014, 05:18 PM
PoorBoy's Blackhole is a good choice.

inDetail
08-31-2014, 06:00 PM
I have read posts about LSP bonding issues with BH. I'm sure if you used a PB LSP you should be fine. That's what swayed me to pick up Prima Amigo because it does not have bonding issues.

RMM
08-31-2014, 06:43 PM
Yes indeed, WG 2.0 is no more. Has ceased to be. Bereft of life, rests in peace. It has kicked the bucket, hopped the twig, bit the dust, snuffed it, breathed his last, and gone to meet the great Head of Detailing in the sky. It is an ex-Glaze...

Well, Monty Phyton apart, I would recommend Black Hole.

But it seems that there is a new kid in town: 50cal Detailing Cover-Up Filler Glaze. It has no abrasives and no protection whatsoever (it has to be locked in by a sealant).

I don't know its durability (well, the durability of a good sealant on top of it...) but I have seen 50-50 pictures and it sure does a great job.

AG doesn't sell it (I believe it is sold only in Europe).

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Chemical Guys Extreme EZ-Creme Glaze with Acrylic Shine II is FANTASTIC. I don't use it as often now that I'm using more coatings, but for darker colors it's a great final step.

HotRodJoe
08-31-2014, 08:20 PM
I agree, it's hard to beat EZ Crème Glaze.

FUNX650
08-31-2014, 09:28 PM
FinishKare #300 Hand Glaze

Bob

Mizzoutiger
08-31-2014, 11:11 PM
+1 for CG EZ-Glaze. It's easy to use, removes residual polish & preps surface for sealant.

PA DETAILER
09-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Prima amigo.

Prima Amigo Pre-Wax Cleanser & Gloss Enhancer, Prima prewax polish (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-amigo-cleanser.html)

3 in 1.

lawrenceSA
09-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Chemical guys EZ Creme Glaze or Poorboys Black hole are 2 that I like a lot

jfelbab
09-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Red Moose Glaze, Megs #7 are also pretty wet glazes.

spike
09-01-2014, 10:45 AM
So I'm really intrigued by the Prima Amigo. Does it hide imperfections really well? That's what I'm looking for. I've used Megs #7 and I can't see a difference with it at all (probably because it's really for SS paints, not BC/CC systems). And the EZ creme glaze also interests me. Which one would you choose if you just detail as a hobby and not a professional? Are they both easy to use? And can both be topped with an LSP without any bonding issues?

Pats300zx
09-01-2014, 11:02 AM
So I'm really intrigued by the Prima Amigo. Does it hide imperfections really well? That's what I'm looking for. I've used Megs #7 and I can't see a difference with it at all (probably because it's really for SS paints, not BC/CC systems). And the EZ creme glaze also interests me. Which one would you choose if you just detail as a hobby and not a professional? Are they both easy to use? And can both be topped with an LSP without any bonding issues?

I think you will get more cleaning with Amigo. Both are super easy to use and can be topped with most sealants or carnaubas. I like to use Amigo with a white pad via PC at like 4 or 5. I tend to apply EZ Creame with a black pad.

FUNX650
09-01-2014, 11:12 AM
I've used Megs #7 and I can't see a difference with it at all
(probably because it's really for SS paints, not BC/CC systems).
Is this the official, administrative stance from Meguiar's?

Bob

Kamakaz1961
09-01-2014, 12:11 PM
PoorBoy's Blackhole is a good choice.

:iagree:+1