PDA

View Full Version : OPC dilution ratio for quick interior wipe downs (dashes, door panels)?

fellipe
08-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Should I use the recommended Optimum Power Clean dilution ratio of 1:3 for quick interior wipe downs (dashes, door panels) or is that considered a 'powerful' dilution for tough cleaning (wheels) and a higher dilution can work for interiors?

Thanks

cleanmycorolla
08-29-2014, 10:42 AM
why not just use a interior detailer, like megs or cg inner clean? cleans, protects, and no need to whip out an apc! :)

TurboToys
08-29-2014, 10:44 AM
why not just use a interior detailer, like megs or cg inner clean? cleans, protects, and no need to whip out an apc! :)

wouldn't a properly diluted apc work just as well or exactly the same as an interior cleaner?

some interior cleaners like 1z einzeitt contain alcohol, and some people don't want solvents like that on their dash or vinyls.

Setec Astronomy
08-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Should I use the recommended Optimum Power Clean dilution ratio of 1:3 for quick interior wipe downs (dashes, door panels)

wouldn't a properly diluted apc work just as well or exactly the same as an interior cleaner?

If indeed it's just for a "quick interior wipedown" then I would use something like Meg's QID or another of the "cockpit cleaners". However if you are trying to remove actual dirt, then an APC or one of the other actual interior cleaners is called for.

As far as the OPC dilution, I have a bottle of 10:1 mixed up right now that's a little wimpy. I am currently using 1:1 on tires, next bottle for interior I'm going to try 5:1.

Disclaimer: I have the original version, not the newer, stronger version of OPC.

Lowejackson
08-29-2014, 12:15 PM
I use OPC at roughly 5:1 or maybe a tad higher for interior cleaning. For very quick cleaning Optimum Opti-Clean is quite good

cleanmycorolla
08-29-2014, 12:30 PM

some interior cleaners like 1z einzeitt contain alcohol, and some people don't want solvents like that on their dash or vinyls.

the two i mention also protect, a straight apc won't do that....two jobs in one.

allenk4
08-29-2014, 02:08 PM
You should match the product to the level of filth you are trying to clean, while always taking into account the sensitivity of the material you are cleaning

If it us only dusty, I actually use a Swiffer

Next step up would be a damp MF

Next up an interior QD. I like the one from Meguiar's

Then an APC at 10:1

Then lower dilutions of APC

Until you ate familiar with material, an inconspicuous Test Spot is suggested