PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the bigfoots.

Revus
08-28-2014, 03:05 AM
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me the difference between the LHR21ES and the LHR21E.
I'm from Australia and some stores sell the E version and some sell the ES version i am just wondering if anyone knows the difference.

Also as i was about to order a 21 i was asked if i was doing a lot of marine detailing. As the 21 has such a large throw i was told that it is useless on any panels that are contoured, and that i should get the 15 instead.
Is this just some BS designed to sell me the 15 over the 21 or can someone back this up?

Bit confused at the moment.

*edit* forgot to add my google-fu failed me and i couldn't find the difference even on the Rupes website.

dschia
08-28-2014, 05:15 AM
If I am not mistaken, E version is simply the machine where as ES is a kit which includes other accessories like pad and polish. Dont quote me on this but please clarify with the seller.

The 21mm with original plate will bog down easier at certain angle. If you adjust the pressure and keep the machine parallel to the surface, it can still work. Switching 21mm with a 5 Inch backing plate can help to reduce the bogging down too but doing so is strongly against by Rupes but pretty popular with many.