PDA

View Full Version : Bassinet took off piece of Pin Strip

BlackRam
08-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Hey all-
I was at the hospital visiting my newborn and my father in-law dropped off the bassinet (its a mini crib for any non-fathers). I told him where I parked (at the other end of the lot, where there were not any cars and to put it in my bed. I know my truck inside and out and its my "other baby." I come out to my truck when i leave and I see this (see attached pic). i had my wife call him out and he said he didnt do anything. the mark turned out to be silver paint transfer from the pin stripe. How do I fix the strip? any help or guidance would be appreciated as I am horribly distraught.

thanks guys

Mike

allenk4
08-27-2014, 06:10 PM
That actually looks like vinyl pinstripe

Which is good for you

This will get you close: 3M Scotchcal Striping Tape (http://www.shop3m.com/3m-scotchcal-striping-tape-71305-silver-metallic-5-16-in-x-50-ft.html)

That looks like 3/16" over 3/8"

You can buy it direct from 3M online

It's around $16 for 50' + $8 for shipping

BlackRam
08-27-2014, 06:22 PM
thank you very much! do you have any experience with pin stripes? if so difficult is it?

That actually looks like vinyl pinstripe

Which is good for you

This will get you close: 3M Scotchcal Striping Tape (http://www.shop3m.com/3m-scotchcal-striping-tape-71305-silver-metallic-5-16-in-x-50-ft.html)

That looks like 3/16" over 3/8"

You can buy it direct from 3M online

It's around $16 for 50' + $8 for shipping

Fishincricket
08-27-2014, 06:24 PM
It's not difficult at all, just make sure you work clean...

Frankly I was just thinking about taking the pinstripe off my caddy.. I don't think I like it.

BlackRam
08-28-2014, 02:56 AM
Thank guys. I really appreciate it!!

Paul A.
08-28-2014, 05:43 AM
Dang! 35 mins to get BlackRam exactly what he needed! I love you guys (ya know...in a non ghey way...not that there's anything wrong with that).

Go easy on FIL. He did hook you up with a bassinette. I do know and can relate to how that completely unnerves you though.

Yo, BlackRam, that beautiful black paint looks freakin' flawless otherwise :dblthumb2:

BlackRam
08-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Dang! 35 mins to get BlackRam exactly what he needed! I love you guys (ya know...in a non ghey way...not that there's anything wrong with that).

Go easy on FIL. He did hook you up with a bassinette. I do know and can relate to how that completely unnerves you though.

Yo, BlackRam, that beautiful black paint looks freakin' flawless otherwise :dblthumb2:

Thanks man. Yeah it sucks.

Thanks for the compliment. Check out my old thread which i had
posted in show and shine. It looked unreal wen i put the cquartzz
on initially.

solman
08-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Don't lose your perspective in life.
Enjoy the new baby and family. This is a special time. cars come and cars go and stuff happens.

BlackRam
08-30-2014, 06:01 AM
Don't lose your perspective in life.
Enjoy the new baby and family. This is a special time. cars come and cars go and stuff happens.

Thank you. Couldnt agree more. i appreciate the insight.

Aviatortroy
08-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Haha, as the father of a 16 month old son, I was going to say you better get used to never having anything nice around. I don't want to sound negative, but everything you have will soon be destroyed..

BlackRam
08-31-2014, 04:41 AM
Thanks guys. The truck takes a backseat now. At least there r other auto geekian dads who know how it is