PDA

View Full Version : What wash to use after using HydrO2

SLOWBRA
08-27-2014, 05:14 PM
I plan on using the HydrO2 on all of my cars soon and recently purchased a foam master to simplify the washing process. My question is regarding what wash product to use for cleaning after the sealant. I currently have Meguires Ultimate wash and wax in the garage. Can I finish what I have left of this without impacting the HydrO2 sealant or should I purchase some other wash product? If something else, let me know what you guys recommend.

JVD
08-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Finish what you have. It will not harm it but I prefer to use washes without any waxes.

Car Pro Reset is perfect for Hydro 2.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-27-2014, 06:21 PM
CarPro Reset is good, but I think I'm gonna give Chemical Guys Citrus Wash (not Wash and Gloss) a try next time. Not sure I'm impressed with Reset's dirt removing capabilities.

My review of Reset:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/84014-review-carpro-reset.html

CarolinasFinestDetailing
08-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Finish what you have then move on to a soap with no gloss enhancers or wax. I love Mr. Pink personally from Chemical Guys.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-27-2014, 07:23 PM
I like Mr. Pink too, but it does have gloss enhancers. Citrus Wash is about their only high-foaming one that doesn't.

SLOWBRA
08-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks, guys. I will be applying the HydrO2 on three of my cars, two of which are daily driven. They all will benefit greatly from shine this product delivers along with the protection. They are Competition Orange (weekend cruiser), Black Diamond (DD) and Space Grey (DD).

I will see how well the Meguires does with the foaming when using the foamaster. I definitely want a wash that foams nicely and removes as much contaminants as possible before I start using my mitts.

Btw - I ended up purchasing a Gilmour 75QGFMR Foamaster. I read great reviews on this and decided to take the plunge.