PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

goodall
08-27-2014, 10:50 AM
I have been very pleased with all the Wolfgang products I've used but I really don't see anything special about the exterior trim sealant in spite of the reviews I've read. It doesn't seem to last any longer than anything else and I really find most of these protectants all look the same. Anyone else have this experience and have you found something you like better? Thanks!

Pats300zx
08-27-2014, 10:56 AM
How are you prepping the surface before you are putting on the WETS?

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2014, 11:04 AM
I haven't found anything better than WETS other than a coating, and IME it gives the coatings a run for their money, depending on the surface...and all trim is different, if it's not different because it's a different part of the car, it's different because it's on another car, or it's weathered differently, etc.

runrun411
08-27-2014, 11:18 AM
I haven't found anything better than WETS other than a coating, and IME it gives the coatings a run for their money, depending on the surface...and all trim is different, if it's not different because it's a different part of the car, it's different because it's on another car, or it's weathered differently, etc.

What do you think about CarPro Pearl?

goodall
08-27-2014, 11:20 AM
How are you prepping the surface before you are putting on the WETS?

Well, I'm washing the car first. Are you referring to something different? Thanks.

allenk4
08-27-2014, 11:21 AM
DLUX for the win

Lasts a year on textured plastic

Prep well with APC scrub and Eraser wipe

Spend your time perfecting some other area of the car instead of dressing trim after every wash

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2014, 11:25 AM
What do you think about CarPro Pearl?

Got a little sample bottle of it recently, haven't tried it yet.

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Well, I'm washing the car first. Are you referring to something different? Thanks.

If you have oily residue on there from a conventional dressing that won't be clean enough for something like WETS/UTTG/BTTG to bond. You need to do an IPA wipe and/or an APC scrub.

cleanmycorolla
08-27-2014, 11:45 AM

You're going to want to properly prep the area prior to application to ensure it works correctly, a wash alone will not do that. You'll want to APC scrub, perhaps a trim cleaner first, anything to deep clean the trim.

You cant just slap the product on and pray, prep is key.:xyxthumbs:

aim4squirrels
08-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Be careful not to judge WETS by looks alone either. When you first apply it, it'll look really dark, as the product is still wet and there is excess on the trim. After it sets up it looks like the trim isn't treated, though the color of your trim will be uniform, be easier to clean, and it will bead water for several months.

I'll admit I like the freshly applied look, but I've learned that doesn't last. That doesn't mean the WETS isn't still doing it's job.

creaky
08-27-2014, 12:43 PM
I've had really good luck w/ WETS (lasted months and looks dark and nice) and prep is not hard at all. You might be interested to read this review:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/84012-review-blackfire-total-trim-tire-sealant-vs-wolfgang-exterior-trim-sealant.html

PA DETAILER
08-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Love the stuff! And god knows the xterra has more trim than i like! Just did another coat this week. PREP is the key. Hit it with MOTHERS TRIM CLEANER. Then WGTS. I have had this stuff last months! Even thru a winter.

goodall
08-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks for all the comments. Appreciated as always.

tpr1634
08-27-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm happy because it does not run down the truck bed.