PDA

View Full Version : My first AG purchase of Flex 3401VRG HD

RobRabbit2.5
08-27-2014, 09:31 AM
I recently joined the online community here at AG and just wanted to share some thoughts on my virgin purchase experience with you guys.

I did alot of reading and "research" before making my flex tool purchase online. The articles and reviews on the AG site and this forum were very helpful to me.

I broke down, and bought it. I was going to buy a Meguiars DA (i love all their stuff) or a PC, but experience has shown me a man is only as good as his tools, and i'm not a fan of mediocre.

I called AG to place my order during a "wacky wednesday" sale, but I didn't pull the trigger over the phone the first time. I talked to Andre who filled me in on the items i was looking at with no pressure to buy whatsoever. Very helpful. So i think about it, and forget to purchase online that night. I call Andre the next day who extends me the sale price even though i missed the deadline. WOW!

I wait 2-3 days and it shows up. I'm so excited i could burst. The set that i bought came very well packaged. But there's a problem. The flex unit only has a 9' cord. Ruh roh. It is so beautiful to behold i think about keeping it anyway.

I call AG. I remember my garage outlets are so far from my work area i can't make it work. I ask to return it. No problem they say, and send me a return label to my email with postage paid within 10 minutes of requesting it. When they see the one coming back they ship me out the 25' cord HD version of Flex. I think, "okay these people are pretty on their game."

It arrives in 2-3 days well packaged again with a bonus. They included Mike Philips guide and flex DVD as well! The original Flex package i bought did not contain these items. Nice touch!

I am exstatic. I use the buffer like crazy. I do 4-6 cars over the next 3-4 weeks. They turn out looking like showcars. The polisher sings. She's beautiful. I know my free time is in trouble. My fiance views the polisher as competition for my affections.... She's right.

At about 29 days after purchase i go to change the backing plate and realize there is rust inside my flex. Not extensive. Not crazy. But rust. I'm concerned. I call AG again. I feel like a burden to these nice people already. I get Andre on the phone (same person that helped me out a month ago) who asks me to send him some pictures. So i do, and in the meantime i also call Flex NA about the issue. They ask me to send it in and they'll fix it no questions asked.

Andre takes a look at the pics I sent him and forwards them on to Mike Philips. When i called back to see what the verdict was Andre put me directly on the phone with Mike....which i did by no means expect.... who i had a great conversation with. We talked about the issue, and Mike thought the best thing was to send out a new polisher, (again ) and that he himself would personally grab it out of the warehouse for inspection before mailing it to me. He puts me back on with Andre who says, "this time the return label will be packaged with the new polisher. When you get it, return the old one to us." Postage prepaid.

The new buffer arrives in 2-3 days. Well packaged. It is personally signed on the box inside by Mr. Philips as well as on the spindle the backing plate attaches to. Mike approved. It's still there.

In the Air Force we had 3 core values. Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do. Since my time in the service, no other business had ever come close to exemplifying those values. Until Now. I am floored by AG. I'll never purchase a car care product anywhere else.

The new polisher is great. It works like a charm and no issue. Thanks so much for everything you guys did for me. I really appreciate it.

Rob

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-27-2014, 11:17 AM
I wanted to share my enthusiasm here on your thread as well if you don't mind.

First off congrats on the 3401! I too am Flex tool nut.

As for the customer service received from AG, I feel they set the standard for what customer service is judged by and go out of their way to ensure the customer is well taken care of. This of course is my humble opinion.

Mike Phillips (as well as the AG staff) is also a genuine person and takes time out of his busy schedule to help others such as yourself in this situation to make sure they are off on the right foot.

I too prefer to spend my hard earned money with AG as I know I am in good hands no matter what happens. I have had a few small issues in the past which were taken care of in a timely and professional matter.

I also wanted to send this link to really get you going achieving professional results. This was a little article I put together.http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/77155-my-technique-concerning-3401-menzerna-products-hybrid-pads.html

BTW, what do you do in the Air Force and where are you stationed? I am active duty stationed in Spangdahlem Germany as a vehicle mechanic in LRS.

Anytime you want to talk don't hesitate to ask or pm

Best Regards,
Mike

Kamakaz1961
08-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Way cool thread!! You will be enjoying your Flex 3401 VRG and IMO, it is the Swiss Army Knife of all DA's and the most powerful DA on the market...just short of a rotary polisher. Welcome to the Flex Force. I do have a PC7424XP which I use for maintaining my technique with that DA.

As for AGO's customer service....I am in 100% agreement with you....they are at the TOP of their game. They are quick to respond to questions and they are very helpful.

I could not agree with you more. Have fun and enjoy the Flex!!

trekkeruss
08-27-2014, 11:53 AM
The new buffer arrives in 2-3 days. Well packaged. It is personally signed on the box inside by Mr. Philips as well as on the spindle the backing plate attaches to. Mike approved. It's still there.

I can see Mike's signature as a $10 optional extra on AG for polishers, books, you name it. :laughing:

BrandonS
08-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Congratulations on the flex. I love mine and use it 90 percent of the time whole the rest collect dust. You are spot on about AG customer service they are second to none. I hope someday to make it to their showroom when in Florida. Try out some menzerna products with that flex and you will love it.

RobRabbit2.5
08-27-2014, 01:05 PM
I wanted to share my enthusiasm here on your thread as well if you don't mind.

First off congrats on the 3401! I too am Flex tool nut.

As for the customer service received from AG, I feel they set the standard for what customer service is judged by and go out of their way to ensure the customer is well taken care of. This of course is my humble opinion.

Mike Phillips (as well as the AG staff) is also a genuine person and takes time out of his busy schedule to help others such as yourself in this situation to make sure they are off on the right foot.

I too prefer to spend my hard earned money with AG as I know I am in good hands no matter what happens. I have had a few small issues in the past which were taken care of in a timely and professional matter.

I also wanted to send this link to really get you going achieving professional results. This was a little article I put together.http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/77155-my-technique-concerning-3401-menzerna-products-hybrid-pads.html

BTW, what do you do in the Air Force and where are you stationed? I am active duty stationed in Spangdahlem Germany as a vehicle mechanic in LRS.

Anytime you want to talk don't hesitate to ask or pm

Best Regards,
Mike

Thanks for the awesome response!

I was a Ground Radar Maintenance Tech that was also stationed in USAFE, my first base was at Incirlik Turkey for a short tour, and then once again in Aviano Italy for my follow-on long tour assignment. It was one of the best experiences of my life. It was tough but I miss it. The people mostly. Hope you're enjoying yourself. Spangdalehm is an awesome base. I've been there once or twice. :)

I did also read that thread of yours about the hybrid pads and the menzerna polishes. Those are definetly going to be on my next purchase from AG because of your excellent write up. Being a 3rd generation Volkswagen nut, i'm already partial to German engineered anything. Especially if it has to do with a car.

I find this forum to be a priceless resource, the amount and quality of info is unbelievable. I've showed it to my old man who was amazed how far this hobby has come since his days of carnuaba and cheese-cloths.

Thanks for your service as well man, the logistics readiness squadron used to beat up on us in softball all the time. Bunch of big strong guys. Always got along with them better than the geeks in the comm squadron like me :) lol

RobRabbit2.5
08-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Congratulations on the flex. I love mine and use it 90 percent of the time whole the rest collect dust. You are spot on about AG customer service they are second to none. I hope someday to make it to their showroom when in Florida. Try out some menzerna products with that flex and you will love it.

Alright that's two votes for menzerna. Looks like it's the way to go.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the awesome response!

I was a Ground Radar Maintenance Tech that was also stationed in USAFE, my first base was at Incirlik Turkey for a short tour, and then once again in Aviano Italy for my follow-on long tour assignment. It was one of the best experiences of my life. It was tough but I miss it. The people mostly. Hope you're enjoying yourself. Spangdalehm is an awesome base. I've been there once or twice. :)

I did also read that thread of yours about the hybrid pads and the menzerna polishes. Those are definetly going to be on my next purchase from AG because of your excellent write up. Being a 3rd generation Volkswagen nut, i'm already partial to German engineered anything. Especially if it has to do with a car.

I find this forum to be a priceless resource, the amount and quality of info is unbelievable. I've showed it to my old man who was amazed how far this hobby has come since his days of carnuaba and cheese-cloths.

Thanks for your service as well man, the logistics readiness squadron used to beat up on us in softball all the time. Bunch of big strong guys. Always got along with them better than the geeks in the comm squadron like me :) lol

Sure thing!

Right on! I was at Barksdale AFB LA, Ramstein AB Germany, Nellis AFB NV, and now back to Germany. Loving everything about Germany. Especially the Autobahns and Nurburgring.

You won't regret the Hybrid pads or Menzerna polishes. The level of cut and finish is incredible! Wait and see! I too prefer German engineering. Love my BMW's.

There may be a corn fed country boy here and there in vehicle maintenance....

RobRabbit2.5
08-27-2014, 02:16 PM
I also just read ur article about the hack job on that Audi TT that made me want to cry and the restore on the hood of that truck.

Looks like you IronX'd it. I was thinking about getting some of that too. Recommend?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-27-2014, 11:23 PM
I also just read ur article about the hack job on that Audi TT that made me want to cry and the restore on the hood of that truck.

Looks like you IronX'd it. I was thinking about getting some of that too. Recommend?

Normally I go to car shows just to enjoy the festivities and see what is going on but that Audi stopped me in my tracks.

I do recommend picking that up. This will be used in between your wash and clay routine. Although you won't really see it working on black.

Mike Phillips
08-28-2014, 07:10 AM
The new buffer arrives in 2-3 days. Well packaged. It is personally signed on the box inside by Mr. Phillips as well as on the spindle the backing plate attaches to. Mike approved. It's still there.

Ha ha... yeah I was pretty adamant about checking it out and making sure everything was right before sending it out.

In the Air Force we had 3 core values. Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do. Since my time in the service, no other business had ever come close to exemplifying those values. Until Now. I am floored by AG. I'll never purchase a car care product anywhere else.

The new polisher is great. It works like a charm and no issue. Thanks so much for everything you guys did for me. I really appreciate it.

Rob

Thanks for joining our forum and sharing your experience with Autogeek... I'm always proud to be a member of this team because everyone works so hard in all we do to uphold the highest standards for quality service.

Looking forward to your future posts!

:dblthumb2:

RobRabbit2.5
08-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Normally I go to car shows just to enjoy the festivities and see what is going on but that Audi stopped me in my tracks.

I do recommend picking that up. This will be used in between your wash and clay routine. Although you won't really see it working on black.

Great thanks for the recommendation. I also saw in mikes guide that he recommends it as well. The rabbit is completely rust free but the fiances Chevy Equinox has alot of particulates on it especially in crevacies where water likes to hide. Want to remove it and get a nice LSP in there so the water slides out.

Producerulez
12-31-2014, 09:55 PM
After reading this can't wait till mine suppose be here next week. And mikes book is great by the way!