PDA

View Full Version : Opticoat 2.0 discontinued, OptiCoat Pro sees price increase

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2014, 01:43 PM
I am pretty sure he doesn't know me either :xyxthumbs:

I mean what is so strange about that? Do you know who I am? Pretty sure you don't either. I do not post here or read daily, so can you forgive me?

Don't take it personally Thomas, Allen went to Cornell and he treats all of us like that.

tdekany
08-28-2014, 01:45 PM
Don't take it personally Thomas, Allen went to Cornell and he treats all of us like that.

Who is Allen?:buffing:

I am confused.

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Who is Allen?:buffing:

I am confused.

Yeah, I don't know who he is either, I only know who he thinks he is :dunno:

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2014, 01:50 PM
How the world turns, eh Thomas? Seems like just a few years ago Dr. G was a genius leaving permanent yellow-foam applicator impressions on the back window of Florida insurance adjusters cars, and now he's some guy making overpriced junk.

allenk4
08-28-2014, 02:00 PM
That's a pretty sweeping generalization for someone with over 2700 posts who doesn't know who he's talking to. Thomas Dekany is a pro detailer, authorized Opti-Coat installer, who has a long and distinguished reputation.

Sometimes people here make me laugh when they criticize very experienced detailers who don't post here that much...like the best was when Anthony Orosco put his OC airbrush video up and people told him he didn't know how to apply OC...LOL!

I have seen lots of his work in "Show & Shine"...beautiful. Opti-Coat Pro on every one of them

But, that has nothing to do with the gossip and speculation

Builthatch made a similar point

Not Cornell

You are pretty much the only person on the Forum that is unable to maintain a sense of humor or balance, especially in a thread like this one which is just Fun speculation by enthusiasts and pro's...none of whom have all of the facts

Funny that you said, "I laugh when..." I can't ever picture you laughing

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Allen, I would hardly call this thread "just fun speculation". Not only was there (purported) official Optimum correspondence posted here, we have had input from MANY detailers affiliated with Optimum, and who know Dr. G, etc.

As far as me having no sense of humor...ok...you got me...could it be I just don't suffer fools gladly?

Sorry about the Cornell mistake, they have a reputation (deserved IME) for believing that no one could know more than themselves on any particular topic. As a colleague of mine once said "the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know". Words to live by.

Meghan
08-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Guys keep it clean or it will be shut down.

runrun411
08-28-2014, 02:16 PM

I have to agree with Meghan on this. This is a great opportunity to have a loud voice on the subject. Let's not blow it so Optimum could hear it.

:xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2014, 02:18 PM
I have to agree with Meghan on this. This is a great opportunity to have a loud voice on the subject. Let's not blow it so Optimum could hear it.

Ok, I'm zippin' it.

builthatch
08-28-2014, 02:34 PM

:)

runrun411
08-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Ok, I'm zippin' it.

We need a thread that we can turn you and Swanicyouth loose. You guys are funny together.

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2014, 02:40 PM
We need a thread that we can turn you and Swanicyouth loose. You guys are funny together.

But I have no sense of humor!

runrun411
08-28-2014, 02:48 PM
I guess your just a natural.

cleanmycorolla
08-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Well I ordered some, and will now coat my car, my own personal ride entirely for the first time. I've only done trim, bumpers and wheels. I'm excited! So we'll see. I'll try and give a review if anyone would be interested....

Rsurfer
08-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Well I ordered some, and will now coat my car, my own personal ride entirely for the first time. I've only done trim, bumpers and wheels. I'm excited! So we'll see. I'll try and give a review if anyone would be interested....

I'm always interested in what you have to say. Feed back please