PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best Karcher electric pressure washer? K, X, 740...?

JoeHotRod
08-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Looking into getting a new electric pressure washer for our auto detailing company and wondering if you guys can help us out to know which is the best Karcher electric pressure washer to go with?

I have heard many great things about the karcher pressure washers so have narrowed it down to this company now just trying to figure out the best one to go with.

I saw the 740 series, 540 series, but some say "K" and others say "X" ... whats the difference?

Also would the 2000 psi be ideal for daily pressure washing auto detailing jobs?

Also No gas pressure washers, just electric opinions please.

Thanks very much!

215Detailing
08-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Hope I'm correct K series are older models, the new line up is the X series the unit suppose to if I am correct use the water to circulate around the inner mechanical parts to keep unit much cooler and unit is suppose to be a little more quieter

allenk4
08-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Pressure Washers Direct has a "compare" feature that is decent for evaluating differences between PW's

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-26-2014, 06:56 PM
I did a TON of research before pulling the trigger on an electric, and from all my reading I'd recommend going with SunJoe over Karcher. I ended up springing for the SPX3000, their 2030psi\1.76gpm model. I LOVE IT.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPGMUXW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It makes ridiculous amounts of foam with a foam cannon, has multiple tips with built-in storage, and is pretty light. Only real complaint is the lack of effective cord\hose storage.

JoeHotRod
08-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

So the X series is the newest version then for the Karcher like the k5.740?

Revitalize I've never heard of the SunJoe brand... How did you find them or hear about them for being the best one?

Also for all of you that have detail businesses and do detailing on a daily basis do you all run electric or gas pressure washers?

RevitalizeAutoSpa
08-30-2014, 06:44 PM
I was familiar with the brand from their Snowblowers (being a MN native). If you read the reviews at Amazon across their line, they're consistently reviewed very well (4.5 star average with 239 reviews for the 3000).

You'll get more power out of a gas washer, but also a small engine to maintain and they're significantly louder.

JoeHotRod
09-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Oh ok wow those are pretty good reviews I will be sure to read those thank you. :xyxthumbs:

The Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI looks like a pretty heavy duty washer for an electric and I like that it has 5 different nozzle settings that's pretty cool...
Does it ever tip over easily or is it very stable?

Yea I don't want to go the gas washer route they are definitely too loud I think.

Some professional detailers I've talked to said to get gas ONLY and not go electric but I have seen sooooooooo many detailers here on autogeek using electric pressure washers so I don't understand what the other detailers have against electric?

scrubs147
09-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Iv'e had two gas pressure washers in the past. From what I understand, the pumps on the gas units have only so many running hours in them before needing a complete rebuild. Both of my gas units broke down needing their pumps rebuilt. One was a commercial unit/3,800 psi, and the other one was a cheaper unit @ 2,200 psi.

I sold both units for cheap rather than rebuild the pumps simply because I am way too busy to deal with servicing these units. For that reason my next one will be an el' cheapo electric. Perhaps the pumps on the electric units are just as bad, but at least I'm not out a few hundred dollars when it breaks down. As a detailer, you really don't need a whole lot of pressure... anything from 1,600 psi to 1,800 psi should be good.