PDA

View Full Version : Okay, OK, alright...

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
06-13-2006, 05:24 PM
I ordered my PC, no more hounding from all of you! I ordered the Edge 2K kit with it, so bear with me and let the games begin. Obviously iw ill start on my car, gonna strip everything I have done and start fresh. I do have minor webbing, so my plan is:
1. Wash, do I need to clay since I already did? Do you clay at all when polishing?
2. Try Optimum polish first, if that doesn't do it, switch to the Opt. compound, then the polish.
3. Cleaner, do I need one, if so it goes here, right?
4. Do i need a glaze, if so I forgot to order some, any I can get OTC to try first?
5. EX-P x's 2, can I use my new toy for this?
6. layers of wax.
* I wipe down after the polish steps, right?
* For the above, sugegst which of the pads I have coming to try first, then second.
Thanks for th ehelp.
I have studied and read, read more, watched videos, etc. It now comes down to the above and my nerves:(

BILL
06-13-2006, 05:36 PM
I ordered my PC, no more hounding from all of you! I ordered the Edge 2K kit with it, so bear with me and let the games begin. Obviously iw ill start on my car, gonna strip everything I have done and start fresh. I do have minor webbing, so my plan is:
1. Wash, do I need to clay since I already did? Do you clay at all when polishing?
2. Try Optimum polish first, if that doesn't do it, switch to the Opt. compound, then the polish.
3. Cleaner, do I need one, if so it goes here, right?
4. Do i need a glaze, if so I forgot to order some, any I can get OTC to try first?
5. EX-P x's 2, can I use my new toy for this?
6. layers of wax.
* I wipe down after the polish steps, right?
* For the above, sugegst which of the pads I have coming to try first, then second.
Thanks for th ehelp.
I have studied and read, read more, watched videos, etc. It now comes down to the above and my nerves:(

Don't worry you did your homework good.......

1........ If its been a while since claying...go ahead i'd say and do it again ,you may have picked up somethinhg along the way.....better sure than sorry

2........ Yes! you clay when polishing...2 different tasks

3......... I wont compound,unless really nessasary, the polish should it....

4..........Cleaner?? not sure if thats ness......after the polish...

5.........Glaze or seal. not both....

6.........Wax layer?? i'd go 2 to make sure of coverage.......

7........GOOD LUCK.......:cheers:

ScottB
06-13-2006, 05:37 PM
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/xfire//purple_dino.gif

scooterguitar
06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
So, if claying, do before polish?
Cleaner isn't necessary if you polish?
I think i have it.

BILL
06-13-2006, 06:00 PM
So, if claying, do before polish?
Cleaner isn't necessary if you polish?
I think i have it.

YES!! Clay, polish, wipe down with ISO, glaze or seal.then wax if you want.

Or after claying ,you do swirl removing?? then polish, then ISO. then glaze or seal then wax....:) REMEMBER YOU NEED CLEAN PAINT BEFORE ANY APPLICATION OF ANY TOPPER....

I STAND CORRECTED AS ABOVE:o SORRY......

joe.p
06-13-2006, 06:35 PM
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/xfire//purple_dino.gif
HAHA, Killer That is my old Avatar :p . The Fuzz put it up for me when i joined the other forum because i didnt have an avatar :D

scooterguitar
06-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Hmm, why not use a sealant after a glaze, meaning this contradicts what I ahve read elsewhere on tutorials?

BILL
06-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Hmm, why not use a sealant after a glaze, meaning this contradicts what I ahve read elsewhere on tutorials?

The manufacturer of four star U.P.P and other product makers support not using sealer over glaze and they sell glaze.......and from what i read on tutorials etc it's a no, no also its really as killr said, one product will diminish the other, in certain respects....;)

scooterguitar
06-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Ok. Want the link?

BILL
06-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Ok. Want the link?

YES......Thanks.....:)

scooterguitar
06-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Too bad, I can't find it! Lemme dig and I'll pm ya

BILL
06-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Too bad, I can't find it! Lemme dig and I'll pm ya

okay.........thanks;)

dengood1
06-14-2006, 08:46 AM
:confused: so which one would be better, a glaze or sealant? Glaze is for gloss and sealant is for protection, no?

BILL
06-14-2006, 09:26 AM
:confused: so which one would be better, a glaze or sealant? Glaze is for gloss and sealant is for protection, no?

For Gloss and Protection?? both would be optimal......personal preference i'd say.............;)

abrcrombe
06-14-2006, 11:07 AM
My personal preference is glaze. Try it out, and you will most likely fall in love with it.