PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Fabric & Leather Question

rbss
08-25-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm looking at adding this to my interior details. CarPro says to avoid white/ light colored surfaces. Does this product stain light colored surfaces? CarPro claims UP to 12 months protection. Is this accurate?

swanicyouth
08-25-2014, 08:16 PM
You will not get 12 mos on a seat that is sat in - or on a steering wheel that is driven with.

The product is good - but has some caveats with leather. I'm not sure why you can't apply to white. It does darken a bit and leave a sticky feeling for a few days.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-25-2014, 08:19 PM
If sat in, doesn't last for beans from abrasion. No coating does. I find any leather conditioner or protectant to be relatively worthless. Wipe with a damp rag often and occasionally deep clean with APC and you're good to go.

rbss
08-25-2014, 08:25 PM
You will not get 12 mos on a seat that is sat in - or on a steering wheel that is driven with.

The product is good - but has some caveats with leather. I'm not sure why you can't apply to white. It does darken a bit and leave a sticky feeling for a few days.

Ok maybe because the darkening effect is why they mention not to use it on light colored surfaces.

My primary use for this would be for fabric/carpets not so much leather.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-25-2014, 08:28 PM
I was speaking for my own cars. For your details, pick up and "quality" leather conditioner and use that to make the leather look nice upon delivery.