PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove fly poo?

05RLS2
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
I noticed a a black speck on the hood of my car, which happens to be white. I tried quick detailing it off, and using a light cleaner polish. I can't get it off, grrr. I can feel it with the edge of my figernail, and it tried getting it off that way. I'm definitely not claying or polishing since the car is less than a week old, and I don't want to inflict any other damage by guessing what to use. It's just irritating that this is stuck on my my new car. Is there something safe that I can use that will dissolve and soften this crap off my car? Something that can be bought over the counter. I want to get it off so it doesn't damage the finish.

Hazcat
08-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Place MF towel soaked in your favorite car shampoo right on the spot and let it set as long as you have to so that it softens the spot. After a couple of hours it should rub right off. I've never seen fly poo but that should do the trick .

05RLS2
08-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Place MF towel soaked in your favorite car shampoo right on the spot and let it set as long as you have to so that it softens the spot. After a couple of hours it should rub right off. I've never seen fly poo but that should do the trick .
Tried it earlier for about 5 minutes, and nothing.

Fly poo looks like a black speck slightly larger than the tip of a pen. Unfortunately it stands out big on white cars.

FUNX650
08-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Bug & Tar Remover on a soft cloth.
Dab until contaminate has softened.
Gently remove.
Re-wash affected area with your shampoo.
Finish-up by applying a Wax, Sealant, or Coating.

Bob

WAXOFF
08-25-2014, 08:23 PM
I don't think you are dealing with fly poo. I know where I live in PA my car will get small specks of a dark substance on it and they are really hard to get off. I thought it was some kind of poo also but then figure out it was a kind of sap from the trees and it blows in the wind and sticks to everything in sight. I even get it on the window of my hosue. The only way I have been able to get it off is clay bar. If you pick at it when it first gets on you see it's sticking like sap and as the sun bakes it the harder it gets.

swanicyouth
08-25-2014, 08:25 PM
You could try fly diapers. But, if that seems to difficult to manage I'd try clay.

GenesisCoupe
08-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Fly poo?

Anyway... try Chemical Guys Bug and Tar remover. I've never had any bug issues that were hard to remove when using this product.

05RLS2
08-26-2014, 12:43 AM
I don't think you are dealing with fly poo. I know where I live in PA my car will get small specks of a dark substance on it and they are really hard to get off. I thought it was some kind of poo also but then figure out it was a kind of sap from the trees and it blows in the wind and sticks to everything in sight. I even get it on the window of my hosue. The only way I have been able to get it off is clay bar. If you pick at it when it first gets on you see it's sticking like sap and as the sun bakes it the harder it gets.
You may be right on it being sap, because whatever it is it's hardened. Thankfully it's one one small speck of it. Looks like I'll be using a really fine clay on it. Thanks