PDA

View Full Version : poorboys... Tell me the truth

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CowboyTruckn
08-25-2014, 06:18 PM
Read some amazing things. Spray and rinse wheel cleaner. Products that can work in heat and sun. Tell me your honest reviews before I pull the trigger. Even if it is far fetched can I use in the shade and agitate wheels and does it work as well as other products?

RPPM
08-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Love their Natty's paste waxes, look great, but not much durability. Poorboys Polish with Sealant is one of the best AIO's IMHO. Nice car wash, Black Hole is awesome. QD+ has a really nice carnauba look, but takes a little time to master, but once you master it, looks like you just slathered some Natty's on your car. Haven't used much of the rest, but what I have used I like.

mcate
08-25-2014, 06:45 PM
I've used their products (polishes, swirl removers, glazes, waxes, quick detailers) since 2005 or so. Very nice finish, easy to apply/remove, reasonably priced.

ScottB
08-25-2014, 06:47 PM
There is a lot of value and benefit to the line. Always impressive and wont break the bank.

Sicoupe
08-25-2014, 06:56 PM
I've used the EX sealant and natty wax, no complaints.

tpr1634
08-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Coworker swears by the trim sealant.

Stittville Ed
08-25-2014, 07:17 PM
I was at Poorboys Detailing Weekend this June and got to use a number of their products. They did have all their products to use but I was not able to try all of them.
They did have Expert Class Detailers on site to help with products.
I did use the Polish with Sealant and with the guidance of Gus learned how to use speed of the buffer to get the best finish.
Very impressed with the Polish with Sealant topped with Natty's Liquid Blue.
The QD is very good along with the Wash with Wax.

The pricing on all products seemed very low vs how well the products worked.

The Bold N Bright Gel on tires was the "Look" I was looking for and the Natural Look Dressing for the interior was great.

If you can make it to their Detailing Weekend this June don't miss it and the cost is $25 for 2 full days.

You do have to pay for your own dinner at the Chinese Buffet but it's not to miss :-)

RMM
08-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Currently, I have the following:

Poorboy’s Spray & Gloss: Spray & Gloss is a quick detailer with superior gloss enhancing properties. quick spray, poorboys gloss spray, poorboys spray (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsg16.html) - Very nice in its category. It really has gloss enhancing properties;

Poorboys Super Slick & Wax Car Shampoo 32 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-super-slick-wax-32.html) - Nice lubricity. I don't care for the wax in it - I prefer shampoos that leave nothing;

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze can be applied any time to hide minor imperfections and to enhance gloss on black, red, and all dark vehicles. (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-black-hole-show-glaze.html) - A great product. Since WG 2.0 "died", it has gained importance;

Poorboy’s Bug Squash: Removes bug remains, even Love Bugs, from car windshields and front bumpers. bug remover, pooboys bug remover (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-bug-squash.html) - It's an APC with a fancy name. I like it;

Poorboy’s World Bird Sh#t Remover, bird dropping stain removal car (http://www.autogeek.net/bird-dropping-remover.html) - Same as above but with more lubricity;

Poorboys Leather Stuff is part cleaner, part conditioner, part protectant for your automotive leather, vinyl, and rubber. leather cleaner, leather (http://www.autogeek.net/pbls16.html) - Nice, but I mainly use it around the house :D . There are far better products (Dr. Leather, LTT, etc)

I have used several other products in their line (for example, Natty's) and never found a bad item. They don't break the Bank and can be used in direct sunlight.

knightmare
08-25-2014, 07:29 PM
I thought Poorboys were relabeled Chemical Guys products? Not that means anything...
I remember a few years ago when Natty's Blue was considered a go-to wax for everyone..,

99C5Coupe
08-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Bold & Bright for tires and Natural Look Dressing for interior, both five star in my opinion.

VP Mark
08-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Everything I've used has been impressive. As I go through some of my mass of products I'm going to be switching to them more as I've been doing more and more direct sun mobile work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AG Online

swanicyouth
08-25-2014, 08:12 PM
I thought Poorboys were relabeled Chemical Guys products? Not that means anything...
I remember a few years ago when Natty's Blue was considered a go-to wax for everyone..,

No, they are not.

PBs stuff is great for what it is. Only thing is they don't offer coatings, iron decon products for paint, iron dissolving wheel cleaners, or clay substitutes. So, they are a little old skool in that respect - but the products they do offer are great.

van185
08-25-2014, 08:25 PM
I have used a number of Poorboys products and love them all. The price is good but the quality of the products are even better. I have used far more expensive products that do not perform as well as Poorboys. The wheel cleaner is by far the best whell cleaner I've used. You will not go wrong with it. In fact I normally delute it 1/1 or 1/2 and it still works great. I have found it to be the easiest wheel cleaner that I've used. Bold and Bright is my go to tire dressing on all my details. It looks good and last well. Leather Stuff is my product on leather seats. It really makes them look good and does not leave a sticky feeling to the seat. I have all three Nattys finds of wax and use them all the time and have never had any complaints. Nattys wax are super easy to use and leave a great finish. I just got a gallon of Pro Polish 2, on sale at Autogeek, and tried it for the first time this week and it finished up really nice. I have also talked to the guys at Poorboys, Steve and Pockets, and they are beyond helpful with any and all questions that you might have. You will not go wrong with any of the Poorboys line of products. If I could only get one product line it would be Poorboys.

Stittville Ed
08-25-2014, 08:26 PM
They do have good clay now

eaglefan
08-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Polish with sealant is the easiest AIO I have used, which isn't many. Its cheap and works. How long it last, I dont know, I haven't tested it. Nattys blue was ok but really didn't do anything for me