PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz UK on Chrome Wheels?

Pages : [1] 2

NacsMXer
08-25-2014, 11:32 AM
I want to try this coating on some 20" Chrome Roush wheels as an alternative to a sealant or wax. Should I have any issues with CQuartz UK affecting the clarity of the chrome wheels? Thanks!

NikonGuy
08-25-2014, 11:36 AM
I put it on my wheels and if anything it makes it look better. No haze or loss of clarity. And beads like crazy.

NacsMXer
08-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Thanks for your reply. I couldn't find much info on the subject.

Dr Oldz
08-27-2014, 12:17 AM
I have used it on chrome wheels.... My only regret was that I didn't do it sooner. Great product for wheels and makes cleaning very simple with only soap and water.

NacsMXer
08-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Excellent, thanks for sharing your experiences Dr Oldz :xyxthumbs:

KMG
08-29-2014, 11:33 AM
I prefer using DLUX on wheels as it is more durable, however it is preference.

rbss
08-29-2014, 11:42 AM
I have DLux on my 18" polished Bullitt wheels....repels brake dust and dirt better than any wheel sealant I have used.

NacsMXer
08-30-2014, 10:08 AM
I also purchased Dlux but haven't tried it yet. Isn't Dlux meant for plastics and trim though? I know it says you can use it on wheels but I wasn't sure how the clarity would be on chrome wheels.

Can you explain how Dlux would be more durable than CQUK?

08-30-2014, 11:22 AM
I UKd my wheels and barrels, cleaning is a breeze - no issues whatsoever with clarity...

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/writejamesb/CQuartz%20UK/9E5CACBB-C108-4D1A-9DB1-5393DB9CF5B3_zpszj2d8e2v.jpg (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/writejamesb/media/CQuartz%20UK/9E5CACBB-C108-4D1A-9DB1-5393DB9CF5B3_zpszj2d8e2v.jpg.html)

MarkD51
08-30-2014, 01:19 PM

Yes, CQuartz UK seems to work great on Chrome Wheels.
Here's my new 22" Denali Repros with 421Q Nittos on my Tahoe.

I UK'd them in and out with one coat, then one coat of Reload, and the Tires were PERL'd.

So far, I only need-use just pure warm water to clean them with a MF Towel, no soaps-cleaners needed.

NacsMXer
08-30-2014, 08:32 PM
I UKd my wheels and barrels, cleaning is a breeze - no issues whatsoever with clarity...

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/writejamesb/CQuartz%20UK/9E5CACBB-C108-4D1A-9DB1-5393DB9CF5B3_zpszj2d8e2v.jpg (http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/writejamesb/media/CQuartz%20UK/9E5CACBB-C108-4D1A-9DB1-5393DB9CF5B3_zpszj2d8e2v.jpg.html)

Those be my wheels...so purty :xyxthumbs: I'm still waiting to receive them from Roush. I did get to try out the CQuartz UK today on my chrome Gorilla locking lugs. I first wiped them down with Eraser and then applied the CQUK. After a few minutes I wiped them off with a microfiber and they turned out great. I noticed they came out very slick-feeling. I look forward to coating the wheels once I receive them. I will maintain them with Reload. Thanks for posting the pics, you wheels look great!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2yxlnw1.jpg

08-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks! Make note if you plan on coating the barrels, you'll have to remove some kind coating that Roush put on. I had to use a wire brush to remove it - a real pita! Also, make absolutely sure you double and triple check from all angles and buff off your high spots. Are you gonna coat them before they go on the ride?

FUNX650
08-30-2014, 09:33 PM
I did get to try out the CQuartz UK today on my chrome Gorilla locking lugs. I first wiped them down with Eraser and then applied the CQUK. After a few minutes I wiped them off with a microfiber and they turned out great. I noticed they came out very slick-feeling.

I look forward to coating the wheels once I receive them.

I will maintain them with Reload.

•If you're going to keep "covering-up" the CQUK Coating by maintaining it with Reload (a Sealant):
-Then the Reload's characteristics...the characteristics of a Sealant, not those of the CQUK Coating...will be the ones that will be brought to the forefront!

IMHO:
•Why not just use the Sealant (Reload) to begin with?
-It makes more sense to me to keep "covering-up" an initial application of Reload...with more Reload.

Bob

NacsMXer
08-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Thanks! Make note if you plan on coating the barrels, you'll have to remove some kind coating that Roush put on. I had to use a wire brush to remove it - a real pita! Also, make absolutely sure you double and triple check from all angles and buff off your high spots. Are you gonna coat them before they go on the ride?

That protective coating does not sound good. Hope I don't have to deal with that. Yes, the plan is to coat the wheels before I install them. I will take my time and make sure I buff all the CQUK off.

•If you're going to keep "covering-up" the CQUK Coating by maintaining it with Reload (a Sealant):
-Then the Reload's characteristics...the characteristics of a Sealant, not those of the CQUK Coating...will be the ones that will be brought to the forefront!

IMHO:
•Why not just use the Sealant (Reload) to begin with?
-It makes more sense to me to keep "covering-up" an initial application of Reload...with more Reload.

Bob

I was under the impression that Reload is to CQuartz what spray wax is to your LSP. However I keep reading that Reload is to prevent water spots from messing with the coating while the CQUK is curing? Water spots should not be an issue for me.

FUNX650
08-30-2014, 11:02 PM
I was under the impression that Reload is to CQuartz what spray wax is to your LSP.
•As far as I'm concerned:
-That's a good analogy. :xyxthumbs:
-Just as Reload would become (in the above example):
The Spray Wax then becomes the new LSP.

Bob