PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Nebraska

shinymonte
08-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Hello everyone, am currently working on my 1975 monte carlo, and looking for a lot of answers! Hope you can all help!

My 75 monte has a brand new paint job, a little over a year old. Have not waxed or even washed it yet. Always been in garage with cover on it. I am a big fan of wolfgang products. The issues im having are, where do I start? Do I need to clay this car or just wash and seal and wax or what? I have the following WG products

meguirs g110v2 polisher
Total swirl remover
Finishing glaze
deep gloss paint sealant
instant detail spritz
fusion wax
all colors of pads

Also is there a difference between deep gloss paint sealant and deep gloss liquid seal?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Gregg

jamesboyy
08-25-2014, 09:54 PM
Welcome to autogeek...as for your situation first off since he or she is classic its best if you use waterless or rinseless products to maintain the finish/lessen the rust therefore I would Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate with lots of microfiber towels to clean the paintwork then you can use Ultima as your clay lubricant or your dedicated detail spray after begin clayed then I would wipe the vehicle with rubbing alcohol to remove any left over contamination next is polishing using your said polish and different pads do a test spot to find the best combination then apply that to the rest of the vehicle now apply your sealant, and wax......also if a defect wont remove don't keep trying at it leaving for further inspection so dont burn through the paint and always work from the least aggressive to the most aggressive

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)