PDA

View Full Version : Question about BFWD paint sealant

deehawk
08-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Hello, Brian Johnson from Glenwood, MN. First time poster.

I have a question about BFWD paint protection. Bought a bottle last summer but didn't use it until this summer. Is it supposed to be really runny? It came out of the bottle like water and soaked right into the foam applicator. Couldn't even tell where I poured it. I really shook it too.

This is the first time I've used this product. I normally use NXT topped with #26. Both of those pour out nice and thick onto the applicator pad. So, just wondering if this is normal for the BFWD and to go ahead and try it.

Thanks for reading!

Heisenberg
08-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Hi Brian! Welcome to AGO. BFWD isn't the thickest product, but shouldn't be overly runny, and you should definitely see it stay on your applicator. I actually had the same issue with it this season after not detailing all winter. It was "like water" and not thick and vivid blue like it should be.

Just shake it up extremely well. I thought I had shaken it well, but I had to really put some force behind it. It shouldn't sound like a thin liquid being shaken either, it should be heavy, with a real... gloopy sound. Smack the sides of the bottle all around, too. You'll know when it happens.

cleanmycorolla
08-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Shake that bottle like you've never shook anything before, it should be fine.

wdmaccord
08-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Yes, it is slightly runny. It will soak into the pad immediately and won't sit there like a polish will. I use a blue foam pad and the product is blue, but I can see "wet" marks where I put the product on. I usually don't have to squeeze the bottle, just hold it over the pad and it drips out. If you turn the bottle over and it "runs" out without squeezing it, then you need to shake it more. If it just drips out, you probably have it shaken about right.

deehawk
08-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll shake it up and give it a go! Thanks again.
Brian

TurboToys
08-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll shake it up and give it a go! Thanks again.
Brian

yes shake it a lot. you may need to shake for a few minutes to get it fully mixed. you'll feel and hear when it comes back together... i made th emistake of shaking not long enough and threw a whole bottle out a while ago, was pretty upset when i found out that it seperates and takes a lot of shaking to get back together... the extra bottle i had came together no problem. but still money down the drain