PDA

View Full Version : Small Stains

vet55
08-25-2014, 07:31 AM
I have a 2013 Corvette GS Cyber Gray and I have a couple of 1cm diameter bird stains on the painted roof. I have the m105 Polish and no luck after several tries of removal. I am looking for a stronger cut, compound, polish I can use safely, by hand, to remove or correct as much as possible. I like to do everything by hand if possible. Thx ahead.

HUMP DIESEL
08-25-2014, 07:53 AM
M100?

Hump

allenk4
08-25-2014, 11:36 AM
They may be etched into the paint

Mike Phillips has a thread about waterspots, which also applies to addressing bird bombs

He (MP) also has a thread on Hand Polishing, which would be worth reading as hand polishing can be done improperly and damage paint, sometimes quicker than a machine can

Mike Phillips
08-25-2014, 01:42 PM
I have a 2013 Corvette GS Cyber Gray and I have a couple of 1cm diameter bird stains on the painted roof.

Click this link and look at the pictures and let us know which type it is...

Two Types of Bird Dropping Etchings (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/24924-two-types-bird-dropping-etchings.html)

I have the m105 Polish and no luck after several tries of removal.

M105 has a lot of ability, part of taking advantage of it's ability when working by hand is using the right technique.

Most people in my life that I've watched or discussed their technique to apply a product by hand falls short of what is really required.

I am looking for a stronger cut, compound, polish I can use safely, by hand, to remove or correct as much as possible. I like to do everything by hand if possible. Thx ahead.

Most compounds are not safe to use by hand on modern clearcoats. In fact it wasn't till M105 was introduced did "we all" have a compound we could apply by hand that didn't leave more scratches in the paint than it removed.

Before I type more I'll wait till you let us know which type of Bird Dropping Etching you have, Type I or Type II

And welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Sorry about the mishap with the bird excrement...

:xyxthumbs:

vet55
08-26-2014, 12:13 AM
Click this link and look at the pictures and let us know which type it is...

Two Types of Bird Dropping Etchings (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/24924-two-types-bird-dropping-etchings.html)

M105 has a lot of ability, part of taking advantage of it's ability when working by hand is using the right technique.

Most people in my life that I've watched or discussed their technique to apply a product by hand falls short of what is really required.

Most compounds are not safe to use by hand on modern clearcoats. In fact it wasn't till M105 was introduced did "we all" have a compound we could apply by hand that didn't leave more scratches in the paint than it removed.

Before I type more I'll wait till you let us know which type of Bird Dropping Etching you have, Type I or Type II

And welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Sorry about the mishap with the bird excrement...

:xyxthumbs:

Thank You all for the responses.

This is a Type I by your criteria. I may have been too conservative with the m105 and soft foam and MF only. I gave up and used a wax cleaner followed by Rejex and P21 Carnuba over that.

Thanks ahead for the teaching. :xyxthumbs: